Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Nov 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #661 of 1,216
The correct Lindy cable came in today and so I connected it to my HTC One and fired up a favorite song on the stock Music app and it worked - music!  But at full volume, and the volume control in the Music app doesn't budge, always 100%.  Going into Sound under the phone Settings I can lower the volume level slider for Music & Videos, but when I click done and go back again it's at still at full volume (the change doesn't stick).

So close.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks!

-Eric

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #662 of 1,216
  The correct Lindy cable came in today and so I connected it to my HTC One and fired up a favorite song on the stock Music app and it worked - music!  But at full volume, and the volume control in the Music app doesn't budge, always 100%.  Going into Sound under the phone Settings I can lower the volume level slider for Music & Videos, but when I click done and go back again it's at still at full volume (the change doesn't stick).

So close.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks!

-Eric

I'll reach out to Kevin Halverson for ya...

I just submitted my review of the ALO Island DAC/Amp to Part-Time Audiophile,
and realized I've been itching to compare it to my microStreamer!!

I have a feeling the microStreamer is going to get FAR closer (especially w/ the new Audeze LCD-X)
than it should for the $$!!

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #663 of 1,216
Mike I'm very curious to see what you think about the Island, if it has punchier bass than the uS (which I find just a little wimpy after comparing it to the Music Streamer HD, not fair I know, but still, my ears now thirst for more...), and can be used with OTG, I may just make the jump...

Quote:
  I'll reach out to Kevin Halverson for ya...

I just submitted my review of the ALO Island DAC/Amp to Part-Time Audiophile,
and realized I've been itching to compare it to my microStreamer!!

I have a feeling the microStreamer is going to get FAR closer (especially w/ the new Audeze LCD-X)
than it should for the $$!!

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #664 of 1,216
So,got a new MS , updated to 1.3, first day, working fine, just occasional hickups with the idevices,
goes saying the Hungry accessory message, but fine after reconnecting , happy so far, tho still not hearing much of a difference from the headphone out which kinda defeats the point for me, cause I already own Explorer,which I'm extremely happy with, don't need another MBP dac.
Anyways,got both now:)

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #665 of 1,216

"Mike I'm very curious to see what you think about the Island, if it has punchier bass than the uS (which I find just a little wimpy after comparing it to the Music Streamer HD, not fair I know, but still, my ears now thirst for more...), and can be used with OTG, I may just make the jump..."

I'm in the process of comparing right now!!
The Island (using the new Audeze LCD-X, which I've had for awhile so I've come to know it well) does seem to have more bottom-end slam thus far.
But it's early yet!  I also wish I could test em both at 192/24 - but we know the MS is limited to 96/24.

Will report back SOON
gotta hang w/ the wifey for my Bday!!

So,got a new MS , updated to 1.3, first day, working fine, just occasional hickups with the idevices,
goes saying the Hungry accessory message, but fine after reconnecting , happy so far, tho still not hearing much of a difference from the headphone out which kinda defeats the point for me, cause I already own Explorer,which I'm extremely happy with, don't need another MBP dac.
Anyways,got both now:)

lookin' forward to future impressions from ya!
I really dug the Explorer, but it didn't hit me in the gut as the microStreamer does

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #666 of 1,216
Got my microstreamer working natively with my Nexus 7 2013...have to admit, it's pretty sweet. I doubt it'll go everywhere with me like the Nexus does, but it will definitely be a fixture for my coffee shop afternoons, especially once I repurchase the PX100-II and maybe the SM2...

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #667 of 1,216
  Got my microstreamer working natively with my Nexus 7 2013...have to admit, it's pretty sweet. I doubt it'll go everywhere with me like the Nexus does, but it will definitely be a fixture for my coffee shop afternoons, especially once I repurchase the PX100-II and maybe the SM2...

EXCELLENT!

My microstreamer vs. ALO Island sesh got delayed...

I'm gonna get back to it ASAP!!  As of right now, DAMN, the MS has such an engaging quality, musically (as I stated in my OG review at the start of the thread) The Island has greater dynamic slam and overall gestalt.  It should for the money! Plus I prefer it via the RSA balanced output.

But the MS is closer than I imagined!  But need to do more listening...

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #668 of 1,216
that right,Yes for sure even without an external battery, a fuller and wider soundstage, firmer bass, better and smother texture, much better driving harder to drive headphones even my old etymotic 6. I’m using UE900 now. Cheers.thanks for your sharing.
11.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #669 of 1,216
Mike, I want you to imagine me sitting in my condo in 2014 with the following rig:

Sony PS4 -> (HDMI-in) Oppo BDP-105 -> HRT Stage Speaker System

OK - there's a TV/monitor in there somewhere, and the BDP-105 does a lot more than switch video and audio for a games console, but it's pretty clear which market HRT is chasing with powered speakers:

Movies, games and music without the need for a HT receiver or 5+ speakers and an expensive subwoofer. Can you dig it, old man Mercer ?  :D   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eHVIXER0Cg

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid on this one, kids. Roll on 2014 !

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #670 of 1,216
what am i doing wrong here? initially i had the dacmagic xs but id assumed that it just wasnt compatible with phones after not getting any joy with any rom or phone after much testing, so how are people managing to get this working? im by no means new to android and i actually work with phones, at my disposal today has been the galaxy S4 (LTE), the Note2 (3g), the HTC One, the HP slate HD tablet all were on stock except the note which started on cm10.1 then on to two variants of the leaked 4.3 software and with the current official 4.1.2 build, but still the only thing i can get to play on the dac at all is usb audio recorder. have i misread something and thats what people are using? or am i missing a setting somewhere?

EDIT

scratch that despite all me efforts through the day failing on the bus home i had another crack, plugged into the note 2 and the light came on, pressed play expecting to have my music come out the phone speaker but just silence, plugged the phones in and bam! beautiful sound, dont know where i was going wrong before but its working perfectly now 

(oh and for those interested, is better than the dacmagic XS? yes, but is it £80 better? oh yes! and then some!)

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #672 of 1,216
I'm trying to decide on what to get for my work setup. I can't decide whether I should get a portable dac/amp or a dap. I've tried DX50. It's a nice dap but I wish it had better soundstage and resolution. I have Dragonfly and really like its sound signature. Could anyone compare Microstreamer/Dragonfly/Meridian Explorer to DX100? I realize that DX100 is 4 times more but I'm just curious if there is a big sound difference and whether it's worth the extra $$$. Thanks.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #675 of 1,216
Kayza, when you get that cable, I would be very interested in hearing how well it works and with which devices :)

Yah, I think I did link that here. I went to buy from them as well, but when filling out my address, I noticed that USA was not a country selectable. Oh well :frowning2:

I ordered a Micro-B USB OTG to Mini-B cable for $4 shipped off eBay, and it is about 10cm long. It is still in the mail, so I can't comment on it just yet. I am hoping the plastic connectors on each end are junky monstrous things that make it almost not using, and also hoping the cable isnt so stiff it won't allow for stacking devices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251362448725?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back