Songs with good bass ?
Jan 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #16 of 36

Big Church by Sunn O)))

They use electro-magnets to get sustained tones out of the guitars.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 36
Yeah, he's really a dubstep producer who doubles as singer. This is a great cover though.

Suntoucher by Groove Armada. Skip to 1:10 for maximum rumbling. If you can find a higher bit-rate version, it gets quite a bit better.

Need something that's not EDM, so:
Drums & Tuba: The 10 Attacks of Dagger

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #21 of 36
Wow I didnt think I'd revive this thread, I want something that's going to blow my mind. Impress me headfi!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #23 of 36
Greg Garing, "My Love Is Real"

http://www.myspace.com/greggaring/music/songs/my-love-is-real-65303421

This next one is as bass-driven as it gets...

Tom Waits, "Goin' Out West"

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #24 of 36
My take, this bass is played so low (but not at all that low in volume either) that my laptop's speaker won't reproduce a single bit of it.

Check out for the bass solo at 1:21 and the part that follows at 1:48 for some very low bass.

(Touhou Fusion)

I don't know if it could be called "good bass" but I call it "real bass", you know the one of the instrument of the same name.

Jan 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #25 of 36
Big Head Todd and the Monsters.  Their whole album "Sister Sweetly" is very bass-loaded, but in a very good, musical way.  It's become my defacto CD for auditioning headphones, speakers, amps, and tubes.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #27 of 36
Natural deep bass and two very beautiful songs.
Nine Inch Nails - La Mer

Nine Inch Nails - Leaving Hope

Seriously, it's way much better in lossless.

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #29 of 36
Bleeding Through - anything off the Declaration album. Start with Death Anxiety, or Germany as your track samples.  For those not familiar, this is a metalcore band with awful gothic keyboards that are typical poorly produced. For the Declaration album, producer Devin Townsend gave them good production, an overall dark sound, and a boat load of bottom heavy bass guitar. I had a cheap 5.1 setup by logitech (z5500?, I don't remember). The subwoofer got all happy when that came on. It wouldn't surprise me if Devin recorded other metal bands with some bottom heavy bass.

Cave-In - White Silence album. Start with Sing My Loves. This is an indie-produced yet bass-heavy album.

Sepultura - Roots album. Ross Robinson was making his splash in the music industry by producing Korn, Limp Bizkit, and decided to branch out to Sepultura. The bass guitar is nice and deep throughout.

Check out bands produced by Kurt Ballou of Converge fame. He tends to record bass guitars with a fat bottom-mid sounding bass. Fun to listen to. Not the most bottom heavy, but sometimes sheer quantity is just fun.

Suicide Silence - No Time To Bleed album. Start with Wake Up. The whole cd is disgustingly drenched in aggressive deathcore bass. fun stuff. Again, more metal stuff.

May 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #30 of 36
Bella Sonus - From A Standstill ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back