Songs That Give You the Goosebumps (the good ones)
May 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #93 of 159
He has the most chilling voice of all time. When I saw him perform this live everyone in the room was just frozen in sheer awe.

Aug 6, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #99 of 159
If I Ever Leave this World Alive - Flogging Molly
Far Away Boys - Flogging Molly
Tobacco Island - Flogging Molly
The Sun Never Shines on Closed Doors - Flogging Molly
You know what just enter a Flogging Molly song here and you are probably on the right track
Upstarts and Broken Hearts - Dropkick Murphys
Fields Of Athenry - Dropkick Murphys
Forever - Dropkick Murphys
Glass Prison - Dream Theatre
The Saltwater Room - Owl City (probably because I am in Iraq and missing the Mrs.)
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues

EDIT: Can't forget anything by "William Elliott Whitmore" guy is brilliant.

Plus Many Many More

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #100 of 159
Whilst it is obvious that other peoples "goose bump" tracks are personal, and may not have that strong of an effect if any at all , on others. Whilst listening to suggestions in this thread, whilst few have given me goose bumps, I think I can safely guess at which point those goose bumps kick in for the listener.

I am listening artificially  away from the environment and timely elements that effect the listeners perceptions of the song , listening to the song , looking specifically for the goose bump bit.

I understand nothing about the physcology/science/art of music, however, would it be safe to assume that there must be a structure or recipe or a line of correlation between these songs that cause that effect?

Just as an example , do lots of the tracks share a similar timing or pace or change of mood or build up etc etc that triggers the goose bumps...?

Just thinking aloud really , stupid post really but Ive typed it out now... lol

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #103 of 159
Transcendence - Santana (Moonflower).  The vocal by Greg Walker gives me the shivers.

Soon (single edit) - Yes (Relayer). Jon Anderson at his best.

I Believe In You - Talk Talk (Spirit of Eden). Damn.

Score for To Kill A Mockingbird - Elmer Bernstein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back