Songs about serious drinking
Apr 14, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #31 of 43
Jockey Full of Bourbon, The Piano Has Been Drinking & many others by Tom Waits.

Btw Alabama Song was written by Kurt Weill & Berthold Brecht. The version by The Doors is one of many.

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #32 of 43
There are a huge number of Irish drinking songs; for example the old classic "Seven Drunken Nights", most memorably done by the Dubliners. The band Gaelic Storm has done a number of modern-day Irish drinking songs as well.

"Old Red Eye is Back" by the Beautiful South is an insightful song about a chronic alcoholic.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #37 of 43
Apr 24, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #38 of 43
Lot of Irish ones of course:

Bondo - I'm Drunk
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

And one of my favorite musicians, Jerry Jeff Walker:
Backslider's Wine
Sangria Wine
It's A Good Night For Drinking

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #39 of 43
I don't think this song is specifically about drinking, but rather a general feeling of detachment, but it starts out talking about drinking too much and blacking out. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #41 of 43
2 Drunk 2 ***  by Hi-C.  A favorite when I was in high school. Nothing like gangsta rap to talk about dumb drunks.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #42 of 43
Del Amitri - I'm Just A Drunk In A Band.

'Pat is the guy with the record shop, & John sells fruit but wants to be a cop, & Paul deals speed in a Celtic top, but I'm just a drunk in a band."

Apr 30, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #43 of 43

Quote:
Quote:
Not to throw off the thread but would it be nice to add drug related songs also? There are plenty of those. "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" being my favorite. Clapton's cover of "Cocaine" being another.

"Gin & Juice," Snoop Dogg

Though I don't really consider myself of "jam bands", Phish has done a pretty good cover of "Gin & Juice" on many of their recordings.

Also, not sure if it was mentioned yet, but - George Thorogood - "I Drink Alone" is another one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back