Song library
Jul 23, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #35 of 40

Quote:
Thats insane wuss, how many hours of playback is that? 

*gets calculator out*
it's 173 days...
that's, uh, 4152 hours... 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #37 of 40
or just bad. 
frown.gif

i ripped my entire CD library to itunes.  *ahem* using itunes as the encoder, and at 160 kbps.

it took me working a little each day for almost a year... 

now, i'm into higher quality audio, i'm having to go back and re-rip everything i listen to regularly at 320 kbps.

at least the 5,000 albums are my CDs, and i have access to them.

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #38 of 40
I'm in the same boat as you - having to re-*rip* a lot of the albums that I have. I set the bar at 256 CBR or ~200 VBR. anything below I have been trying to replace with 320. 

It takes time, but I'm about 70% there. 

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #39 of 40

I can definitely sympathize with this. A few years back, before I knew better, I spent an insane amount of time ripping nearly 1,000 albums using default itunes settings (128 kbps .m4a files). I'm trying to avoid this experience again in case I upgrade my equipment enough to tell the difference, so I've gone to flac now. Still don't have everything re-done, but I can definitely tell the difference. I probably owe most of the difference to better encoder and better settings (using EAC to rip).
Quote:
or just bad. 
frown.gif

i ripped my entire CD library to itunes.  *ahem* using itunes as the encoder, and at 160 kbps.

it took me working a little each day for almost a year... 

now, i'm into higher quality audio, i'm having to go back and re-rip everything i listen to regularly at 320 kbps.

at least the 5,000 albums are my CDs, and i have access to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back