Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Apr 12, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #1,294 of 1,377
I've been a staunch supporter of Sonarworks for over a year now. I own both Reference 4 Headphone and True-Fi (which I primarily bought for True-Fi for Android - which never came out of beta). I have even recommended them to people on this forum. But I have to tell you that I've uninstalled all of it in favor of EqualizerAPO with HeSuVi. Not only does it come with better support with all my headphones, but it also allows you to tweak the equalization to your personal liking, as well as create your own headphone profiles. I've created customized profiles for the Shure SE535, the KZ-ES4, my desktop Martin Logan Motion 2's, my bookshelf Celestions, and a bunch more. The default profile for the Grado SR-325 literally transforms them into something special, and there are literally hundreds of headphones and in-ears that are supported directly - many with multiple profiles.

There is a brisk learning curve, but as you get familiar with the program you'll find it is very flexible and well thought-out. They've even allowed for the creation of desktop or Start Menu shortcuts which will switch between headphone (or speaker) profiles.

Well done!

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #1,299 of 1,377
Tried updating the supported headphone list but no bueno.

upload_2019-4-15_19-35-44.png

Anyone have any idea? Searching their support page atm.

May 14, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #1,303 of 1,377
I tried the Sonarworks Headphone Edition on my HD800S a few days ago after struggling for literally months to get them to sound right... Oratory, FlipFlop...you name it...tried all EQs around... understood the Harman Target...read papers...delved deep as most aspiring Audiophiles do...and lo and behold, the solution to perfect sound was always right there...

Sonarworks HD800S profile literally made my headphones sound special. Details come across effortlessly, listening fatigue...a thing of the past...all this for a well rather expensive price...but I am compelled to buy it anyway!

Two qualms:

1) One is price...any ideas if they come on sale and at what time?
2) My other top tier headphone is the HiFiMan Arya and it's profile is not there (though I've asked them to add it ASAP)...Any ideas how frequently they update or add to their list of supported headphones? Would you guys advise to just have it sent for individual calibration or to wait for it to be added?

I am an avid listener of good music and run my Tidal HiFi (like never before with this SW) via my Windows PC to SMSL M500 to THX AAA 789 and have now let go of my plan to upgrade my DAC due to above reasons...

May 14, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,304 of 1,377
I tried the Sonarworks Headphone Edition on my HD800S a few days ago after struggling for literally months to get them to sound right... Oratory, FlipFlop...you name it...tried all EQs around... understood the Harman Target...read papers...delved deep as most aspiring Audiophiles do...and lo and behold, the solution to perfect sound was always right there...

Sonarworks HD800S profile literally made my headphones sound special. Details come across effortlessly, listening fatigue...a thing of the past...all this for a well rather expensive price...but I am compelled to buy it anyway!

Two qualms:

1) One is price...any ideas if they come on sale and at what time?
2) My other top tier headphone is the HiFiMan Arya and it's profile is not there (though I've asked them to add it ASAP)...Any ideas how frequently they update or add to their list of supported headphones? Would you guys advise to just have it sent for individual calibration or to wait for it to be added?

I am an avid listener of good music and run my Tidal HiFi (like never before with this SW) via my Windows PC to SMSL M500 to THX AAA 789 and have now let go of my plan to upgrade my DAC due to above reasons...

For Reference 4, profiles are released less often. It’s more often for their consumer product (used to be True-fi, but recently launched SoundID) which is similar but allows personalized preference on the sound. The individual calibration would have a higher accuracy than an averaged one, so if you can spare the change it's not a bad idea. Though it’ll be pricey if you add the service, shipping/insurance to Latvia, and new pads (which are recommended for measurements).

May 14, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #1,305 of 1,377
1) One is price...any ideas if they come on sale and at what time?.
I think I got it on sale for 79. I'm using ref 3 for the HD800. I too tried various EQ's without success.
I always have meant to send in the Sony Z1R's...but haven't done it yet. Right now I'm in the middle of a move (God only knows where at this point...I'm at my sisters waiting everything out)...so all my gear is boxed up. Only kept out the bare essentials for listening. Sony daps and AQ NightHawk.

Bern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back