Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Feb 28, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #1,006 of 1,377
I don’t have any of my gear with me except a pair of HyperX Cloud II. ( Takstar Pro 80 rebranded ) , and they sound much better with an EQ. Sound is more full, the veil is removed and the bass begins to appear. It makes the music louder without getting rid of the soundstage and depth, while also enhancing the bass and the timbre universally. I dig it and can’t wait to try it with all my stuff when I get home in a couple weeks!

Mar 1, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,008 of 1,377
I'll let you know once it's ready to roll out. Android is running pretty okay, but still there are a bunch of fixes to implement. We actually got the Spotify integration to work.

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #1,010 of 1,377
Anyone here in on the beta test for Android version of True-Fi? I'm looking forward to the release.

Bern

Must had tried since November 2016 under another name Soundigo Music APP Beta.
A few months back, reloaded the updated program, and she still does not play my loaded Hi Res Audio. Hopefully, they will make True-Fi app to work with Tidal.

Mar 1, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #1,011 of 1,377
Anyone here in on the beta test for Android version of True-Fi? I'm looking forward to the release.

Bern

Yeah, I use it all the time. It sounds fantastic. I actually prefer it for my m40x over Sonarworks Reference 4. Sonarworks makes the vocals a bit hazy or unfocused; True-Fi doesn't seem to do that. I've had it ever since it was called Soundigo.

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #1,012 of 1,377
Here are my settings on my V20, for anyone interested:

Screenshot_2018-03-01-18-02-59.png Screenshot_2018-03-01-18-03-19.png

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #1,013 of 1,377

Bern
I'm on it. My main gripes, at this stage are - you have to download the headphone profile everytime you close the app, and there's no gapless playback, and no usb dac support. Otherwise I love it. Makes my Beats headphones sound very good....seriously.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #1,014 of 1,377
I'm on it. My main gripes, at this stage are - you have to download the headphone profile everytime you close the app, and there's no gapless playback, and no usb dac support. Otherwise I love it. Makes my Beats headphones sound very good....seriously.
You seem to have a couple of the portable headphones I'm aiming to fix...the MDR-1ABT...and the B&W P7 (I have the wireless version).. what's your quick thoughts on those? I currently use the Sony NWZ-A17 for both...but the EQ bands don't fall in the range where they need to be fixed.

Bern

PM me if you think I'm ranging too far off topic.

Mar 2, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #1,015 of 1,377
You seem to have a couple of the portable headphones I'm aiming to fix...the MDR-1ABT...and the B&W P7 (I have the wireless version).. what's your quick thoughts on those? I currently use the Sony NWZ-A17 for both...but the EQ bands don't fall in the range where they need to be fixed.

Bern

PM me if you think I'm ranging too far off topic.
The P7 Wireless improves significantly with True-Fi. I haven't tried it with the 1abt (I don't think it's supported yet). The 1a is significantly better with the app. The sound is evened out very well, and clarity increases significantly.

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,018 of 1,377
I just bought the Reference 4 Systemwide for headphones. After the 21-day trial, it was a no-brainer for me. Excellent software!

Mar 4, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #1,019 of 1,377
If I use Spotify on Windows 10 machine... do I need to 'route' or use a 3rd party software (e.g. Equalify / Audio Router) to ensure all audio are routed through True-Fi?

Or by setting True-Fi as default device in system settings is sufficient and True-Fi will on default take over all sound processing duty?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #1,020 of 1,377
True-Fi will sit on your system as an audio device besides your DAC. Just tell your OS to use it for output and in True-Fi UI select your DAC. Therefore all audio will be processed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back