Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Dec 28, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #1,246 of 1,377
That is very disappointing to hear that sonarworks 4 is not working well with windows 10.
High resolution recordings are therefore also not supported I understand.
Perhaps Waves Nx Headphone EQ Calibration is an alternative to sonarworks if this problem persists.
Is sonaworks actually working to solve these problems with windows 10

Email have been sent so I hope so.

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,247 of 1,377
Perhaps I don't understand this SonarWorks thing as much as I thought? I assumed it came pre-loaded with complimentary(canceling) curves and all one had to do was pick their make and model and voila, flat sound. Measurement? How and what would I need for Sonarworks to measure my phones?

Go to there website.

Dec 28, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #1,248 of 1,377
Perhaps I don't understand this SonarWorks thing as much as I thought? I assumed it came pre-loaded with complimentary(canceling) curves and all one had to do was pick their make and model and voila, flat sound. Measurement? How and what would I need for Sonarworks to measure my phones?
You have the option to have your phone measured if you wish greater accuracy or in the event your headphone is not on their list yet.

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #1,250 of 1,377
I'm torn between taking appropriate time to burn in my new MX4 and the plush pads before sending off for custom calibration and actually sending them off. Want to be sure they are well burned in before taking the time and expense of calibration. Dying to have it all done though.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,251 of 1,377
I'm torn between taking appropriate time to burn in my new MX4 and the plush pads before sending off for custom calibration and actually sending them off. Want to be sure they are well burned in before taking the time and expense of calibration. Dying to have it all done though.
I'm going to send the Z1R's in eventually....life keeps getting in the way. Content with the HD800 generic cal for the time being.

Bern

Dec 30, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #1,253 of 1,377
If you have FabFilter Pro-Q3 VST equalizer, try this preset as calibration profile for Sennheiser HD6XX.
I used the Match EQ function in FabFilter Pro-Q3 to copy the calibration profile for Senn HD6XX from Sonarworks (dry/wet 80%).
It's got 24 points and matches the eq curve very accurately. I also used Voxengo SPAN spectrum analyzer VST plugin to compare Sonarworks profile vs. FabFilter profile (as the left and the right channel in the overlay mode) and they are perfectly aligned.

PS: And this preset is for DMG Audio Equilibrium.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #1,254 of 1,377
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #1,257 of 1,377
Jan 1, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,258 of 1,377
Is anyone using this on a mac with Audirvana+, J River Media 24 or Plex? I can not get True Fi to work with any these. I get sound through them but the eq does not work. It works fine for me with Tidal.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #1,260 of 1,377
fortunately I have sonarworks 4 working on my HTPC with windows 10 via VLC player or other media players
However, it does not work yet when using powerDVD.
probably an audio conflict powerDVD / sonarworks.
Does anyone have an idea or solution for power DVD.

Greetings from Holland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back