Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Dec 13, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #1,232 of 1,377
... the weight is really what i'm after and hoping the sound is at least on equals. hoping there is no crinkly weirdness to the diaphragm or whatever the newer models have and wondering if it makes sense to swap out the pads for vegan on this model before sending them for calibration.

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,233 of 1,377
Just had my brandnew pair of LCD-XC’s sent over yesterday! Right now I love my LCD-X’s with the average profile but I will send those over for individual calibration as well. I can’t listen to my headphones without Sonarworks anymore. Even with my m50x’s that I use on the go I love them with the average profile through the mobile True-Fi app. Good work Sonarworks!

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #1,236 of 1,377
Agreed. I just use it for listening, but at the click of a button I have two completely different and enjoyable flavours of LCD-X, fantastic.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,237 of 1,377
I searched for this in iTunes app store and it doesn't show up. Typical search algorithm - or should I just wait a while. I definitely want this on my iPhone and 6 Gen Touch.

Dec 27, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #1,238 of 1,377
Thanks. Finally found it. Funny enough it is not selectable (or I did not find it) in the main window but only in the little task bar at the Windows task bar. But now it works. Thank you again, because I did already give up.

I have been trying to get sonarworks workable for several weeks on my HTPC with windows 10.
It has worked once but does not get it working anymore.
the audio signal goes via a spdif signal to an external dac.
Then to the headphone amplifier and akg k812.
Does anyone have a solution to this conflict with the signal processing of sonarworks 4 on the HTPC to the dac.
It also seems to me that there are several people with the same attitude and encountered problems here.
Greetings from Holland.

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #1,239 of 1,377
I have been trying to get sonarworks workable for several weeks on my HTPC with windows 10.
It has worked once but does not get it working anymore.
the audio signal goes via a spdif signal to an external dac.
Then to the headphone amplifier and akg k812.
Does anyone have a solution to this conflict with the signal processing of sonarworks 4 on the HTPC to the dac.
It also seems to me that there are several people with the same attitude and encountered problems here.
Greetings from Holland.

I thought it was simply installing the software/app, plugging your headphone into your desktop or phone, select your headphone model, and off you go, with accurate flat sound?

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,240 of 1,377
I thought it was simply installing the software/app, plugging your headphone into your desktop or phone, select your headphone model, and off you go, with accurate flat sound?

No they have much work to do with ASIO drivers, I have had many issues with win 10, waiting for some progress here:thinking:

I use Reference 4 with HPs and speaker calibration and Systemwide needs work.
It will not work to pass correct bit rate. Much screwing around to manually get things working.

Hello Sonarworks:hand_splayed:

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #1,241 of 1,377
No they have much work to do with ASIO drivers, I have had many issues with win 10, waiting for some progress here:thinking:

It will not work to pass correct bit rate. Much screwing around to manually get things working.

So if I want to 'flatten' the sound of a given headphone on my desktop or mobile, better to just utilize an EQ app and apply a curve that is the inverse of the curve for that headphone on, IE: Inner Fidelity.

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #1,242 of 1,377
So if I want to 'flatten' the sound of a given headphone on my desktop or mobile, better to just utilize an EQ app and apply a curve that is the inverse of the curve for that headphone on, IE: Inner Fidelity.

I like Sonarworks EQ :L3000: it's a driver thing thats the problem.
Plugin support is good they need to work on Systemwide.

Also how do propose you do this with a pro monitor speaker system?
How do you take accurate measurements cheaply, and then correct inside of a DAW?
Same for HP actually, because they are all different. Sonarworks measures your HPs

Remember accuracy counts more here with mixing.:wink:

Also frequent MS updates break things.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #1,243 of 1,377

That is very disappointing to hear that sonarworks 4 is not working well with windows 10.
High resolution recordings are therefore also not supported I understand.
Perhaps Waves Nx Headphone EQ Calibration is an alternative to sonarworks if this problem persists.
Is sonaworks actually working to solve these problems with windows 10

Dec 28, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,244 of 1,377
That is very disappointing to hear that sonarworks 4 is not working well with windows 10.
High resolution recordings are therefore also not supported I understand.
Perhaps Waves Nx Headphone EQ Calibration is an alternative to sonarworks if this problem persists.
Is sonarworks actually working to solve these problems with windows 10

Dec 28, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #1,245 of 1,377
I like Sonarworks EQ :L3000: it's a driver thing thats the problem.
Plugin support is good they need to work on Systemwide.

Also how do propose you do this with a pro monitor speaker system?
How do you take accurate measurements cheaply, and then correct inside of a DAW?
Same for HP actually, because they are all different. Sonarworks measures your HPs

Remember accuracy counts more here with mixing.:wink:

Also frequent MS updates break things.

Perhaps I don't understand this SonarWorks thing as much as I thought? I assumed it came pre-loaded with complimentary(canceling) curves and all one had to do was pick their make and model and voila, flat sound. Measurement? How and what would I need for Sonarworks to measure my phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back