Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
Aug 30, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #857 of 1,377
I've played around with Equalizer APO a bit to tweak my HD700's but never could get the sound to my liking while Sonarworks did the job. A HUGE thanks to Mattis for spending so much time helping me get the demo working! There was no guarantee I'd purchase the real license, but he helped me anyway.

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #858 of 1,377
How does this sonaworks work? Will it improve the sound quality of focal elear???

U can try their Beta version True-Fi, it has the Focal Elear on their list now. I assume it will be on their Sonarworks soon. I also see it on their beta Android app: Soundigo

https://sonarworks.com/truefi

They also added: - We've just launched a new True-Fi beta build, which adds an interesting feature - age related hearing loss compensation!

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #861 of 1,377
U can try their Beta version True-Fi, it has the Focal Elear on their list now. I assume it will be on their Sonarworks soon. I also see it on their beta Android app: Soundigo

https://sonarworks.com/truefi

They also added: - We've just launched a new True-Fi beta build, which adds an interesting feature - age related hearing loss compensation!

Tnx for answer.Does it work with tidal? :)

Sep 2, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #862 of 1,377
I just installed True-Fi beta a couple days ago. The installation is pretty straight forward, download, install and voila! Works out of the box, no more tweaking required. What it does is that it installs an audio driver interface, all audio signal goes through the True-Fi app before it is routed to your chosen output, in my case the Jot DAC. Pretty easy and painless process, no harm giving it a try!

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #863 of 1,377

Yes it does with Tidal.

What it does not 'work' is with the Dolby Atmos on Windows 10..or at least I can not turn it on while running True-Fi.

Since the True-Fi, I do not have to play with the Sonarworks and Systemwide software everytime there is a Windows 10 Insider Program update...

This really is as Cruxiaer said above - Works out of the box. If I have a problem, I just restart my computer..and all is well again.

My trial will be ending soon...and I'd be back to playing with the Sonarworks, Systemwide, and my external dac..

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #864 of 1,377
Received my HD800s and to be honest I prefer the HD650 for being much much flatter. I had expected the 800s to step up the 650 game but I was wrong. Construction and comfort is good though and it has huge soundstage but requires considerable compensation.
HD800s.png
HD650.png
Audeze LCD-X.png

Sep 11, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #865 of 1,377
Received my HD800s and to be honest I prefer the HD650 for being much much flatter. I had expected the 800s to step up the 650 game but I was wrong. Construction and comfort is good though and it has huge soundstage but requires considerable compensation.

How do they compare to the 650's when the compensation is enabled? My 700's definitely sound harsh when I do an A/B comparison.

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #866 of 1,377

I thought you were getting the 800. (Wish Senn would've used another letter for the upgrade besides S). The 800 needed EVEN MORE correcting.

Bern

Sep 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #867 of 1,377
I thought you were getting the 800. (Wish Senn would've used another letter for the upgrade besides S). The 800 needed EVEN MORE correcting.

Bern

To be honest I think this calibration is either flawed or there is an issue with the drivers themselves. They sound unnaturally boomy after correction and retain the harsh highs, nothing at all like my other calibrated cans sound. All of my other calibrated cans share a very consistent sound as expected but the HD800s just sounds 'off'. Really not sure what to think other then I might have gotten a bad unit or a poor calibration. Not really sure how to verify this except for by comparison with my other calibrated cans. Even my MHP1000 sounds better post-correction which is a very compensated can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back