Somic MH489 -- Sony XB700 ripoffs?
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #46 of 50
But what does sensitivity say ? I'm a bassplayer and I use a low sensitivity cab that sounds awesome. Yes it needs some decent amppower but why not ? To me it are the loudest headphones I own. Wouldn't know how it could not be enough :wink:

It's more about dynamic range. If you don't provide the headphone with enough clean power, bass and other parts of the audio can suffer, regardless of how loud it can seemingly get. My work iphone provides plenty of power, but my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 headphone jacks do not, especially when I have Viper4Android audio software running. Running through a decent DAC, and a small amp gives the best results for me on those.

Been A/B ing the EFI82-MT and 489, and I like them both. The EFI is the better value right now though, as it can be found for ~$35.

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #48 of 50
  Hey Bhazard, I saw in the Takstar thread you also own the Pro 80. How does that ones sound compare to the MH489 ?

And I found a EFI82 MT on Aliexpress with cool red pads, Only 25 euro, that as cheap as a Superlux.

I like the Pro 80 a lot. It has a dip and peak in the treble that needs EQ, but once EQ'ed it sounds phenomenal.

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #50 of 50
After buying the MH489 I also bought a Takstar Pro 80. The pro 80 is a great piece, I 've let some friend, who do professional audio mixing, use it in a live setting. One of them said it was way better then the €200 set he'd just bought and the other one wanted one. So I sold my Pro 80 because, although a great set of headphones, they were a little dull compered to the MH489.

I don't use headphones often, but if I do it's always the Somic MH489
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back