Somic MH489 -- Sony XB700 ripoffs?
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #31 of 50
  I got lucky, I found one for $64 on a gamers shop on Aliexpress. After I put it in my wishlist, I got an E-mail that there was a 10% discount, hence the $57 I paid for it.

This is the shop, but the discount is over: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Somic-MH489-Headset-Cmputer-DJ-Monitor-s-Music-Earphones-Black-Red-Gaming-Earphones/733920003.html

I actually just ordered from them. Got 5% off for ~$60.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #32 of 50
Give 'm my regards
beyersmile.png

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #35 of 50
I would add that bass in this headphones is subwoofer like (in general sometimes it feels like some one would add a subwoofer to your stereo).
Also I've noticed on some tracks (ie. Beasty Boys Intergalactic) that there is some good control over the bass (it does not spill out and can end abruptly);

Those headphones have still some sweet mids of mh463 and the soundstage is as large; thus the mids are fine and aren't affected by bass.

Highs are per definition recessed (bass+,mids+).

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #37 of 50
Yes, actually I have a collection of chinese headphones (now I'm waiting for in-ear mh417 to appear in some paypalable online shop, it is kind of annoying that there is no online reference about in-ears somics; i.e. mh410 are really bright).
In my personal opinion mh489 are much better than the xb600, and xb900 (but those I've tried just for a while in some local outlet), since it  does not have that bass muddiness (or it does not have a lot of it if you are used to brighter headphones).

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #38 of 50
  Yes, actually I have a collection of chinese headphones (now I'm waiting for in-ear mh417 to appear in some paypalable online shop, it is kind of annoying that there is no online reference about in-ears somics; i.e. mh410 are really bright).
In my personal opinion mh489 are much better than the xb600, and xb900 (but those I've tried just for a while in some local outlet), since it  does not have that bass muddiness (or it does not have a lot of it if you are used to brighter headphones).

We should be the one's starting it then. I have the 407, 417, and 401 on the way, and like you, I couldn't find anything about them.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #43 of 50
Wow, then I guess you listen to music very loud. On my Sony-Ericsson phone the MH489 is loud enough and on my Macbook pro it's even too loud at max volume. I can only listen to it at 80% level max.

Anyway, do write a users review here please, when you listened to it.

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #44 of 50
  Wow, then I guess you listen to music very loud. On my Sony-Ericsson phone the MH489 is loud enough and on my Macbook pro it's even too loud at max volume. I can only listen to it at 80% level max.

Anyway, do write a users review here please, when you listened to it.

The sensitivity is low. 89db. My HifimeDIY DAC needs to be turned down with 95-100+db headphones, but doesn't have enough juice for these. Trying them on my tube amp later.

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #45 of 50
But what does sensitivity say ? I'm a bassplayer and I use a low sensitivity cab that sounds awesome. Yes it needs some decent amppower but why not ? To me it are the loudest headphones I own. Wouldn't know how it could not be enough :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back