Somic EFi-82 MT: Believe the Hype
Jan 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #46 of 331
Quote:
And I think I've found a sound-alike.

Note: not the AKG K240 Studio, or the AKG K240 Sextett, but the good old AKG K240 Monitor. A lovely, fairly neutral set of cans (that can usually be had on the cheap).

Mind you, my K240 Studios have Creative WoW pads with extra foam dampening on the back.

Also, the Somics totally sound better, but it's a similar signature.

Slightly bassy, but awesome mids, a nondescript treble, and a huge soundstage.

Looks like vents on the back of the cups here as well.......

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #54 of 331
Ordered me a pair. Sounds like it gonna be forever for them to get here with Chinese New Year. Oh well, give me time to enjoy my Westone 4s that I have arriving hopefully at the beginning of the week. Now I need to find a cheap place for some Shure pads.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #55 of 331
I got my pair today. I haven't really had time to put in these yet but they clearly aren't confortable lol.

so in final what's the best remplacement pad for them?

bass extension ain't here at the moment, honestly it perform alot worst than the m-50 on lowend track like bass i love you...
And they aren't in the same league as dt1350 for sure, i wasn't expecting that lol.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #56 of 331
Quote:
I got my pair today. I haven't really had time to put in these yet but they clearly aren't confortable lol.

so in final what's the best remplacement pad for them?

bass extension ain't here at the moment, honestly it perform alot worst than the m-50 on lowend track like bass i love you...
And they aren't in the same league as dt1350 for sure, i wasn't expecting that lol.

840 pads work best.

Let 'em burn in a bit, the bass extension is there. "

It handled things in the 30hZ range without slowing down at all.

The extension is crazy good. Just wait a bit.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #57 of 331
Quote:
Ordered me a pair. Sounds like it gonna be forever for them to get here with Chinese New Year. Oh well, give me time to enjoy my Westone 4s that I have arriving hopefully at the beginning of the week. Now I need to find a cheap place for some Shure pads.

Oh, ouch.

I know your pain.

I wanted to order some stuff from China too, but it'll be a while.

Shame too, because the EFis have been selling like crazy recently.

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #58 of 331
Quote:
840 pads work best.

Let 'em burn in a bit, the bass extension is there. "

It handled things in the 30hZ range without slowing down at all.

The extension is crazy good. Just wait a bit.

I cut the material covering the drivers, and took a look inside......I am definately goint to recable with Mogami Gold Neglex Quad, so they are more comfortable, look nicer, cash you saw the look I am after in the pictures I sent, only will be black with the Somic's.  I like the sound without the material covering the drivers, but I EQ the bass +4db at 30hz......bass is awesome, more extended and very tight, and the rest of the sound has really opened up more, I am also over 100 hrs on them.  The now sound very, very close to my stock HD600's, but of course the build is way better on the HD600!  No cable changes yet, to the HD600, but I am a Mogami Gold Neglex Quad for them as well.  I can get the wire for $5, only need 5 feet @ $1 a foot.  Exciting times here!

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #59 of 331
Quote:

I cut the material covering the drivers, and took a look inside......I am definately goint to recable with Mogami Gold Neglex Quad, so they are more comfortable, look nicer, cash you saw the look I am after in the pictures I sent, only will be black with the Somic's.  I like the sound without the material covering the drivers, but I EQ the bass +4db at 30hz......bass is awesome, more extended and very tight, and the rest of the sound has really opened up more, I am also over 100 hrs on them.  The now sound very, very close to my stock HD600's, but of course the build is way better on the HD600!  No cable changes yet, to the HD600, but I am a Mogami Gold Neglex Quad for them as well.  I can get the wire for $5, only need 5 feet @ $1 a foot.  Exciting times here!

eek.gif

I love these things to death, but...

..that's pretty crazy.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #60 of 331
I'll be feeding them pink noise before making a critical listening

Do the 840 pads make them sound ALOT different from the stock one? They look alot more confortable.

By the way the soundstage is something i never experiment in headphone. They are my first 'open" cans, or semi open how you want to call theses....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back