Something to absorb my subwoofer vibrations
Sep 22, 2011 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Ivan913

New Head-Fier
So I recently purchased the Logitech Z523 speaker system for my computer.  I honestly love it (compared to my old 7 dollar computer speakers) but the only hitch is that my subwoofer vibrates through out the house, and often moves and comes close to falling off the shelf I have it placed on.  Any recommendations for something I could do to stop that, aside from turning down the bass?  I figured rubber pads would do the job, but I wouldn't mind an experienced opinion.

Sep 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 27
Foam under neath it?, thats what I did with my krk10s I didn't buy any special foam either I just used the packing foam it came with, it sounds a bit better lifted off the ground and doesn't shake the rooms underneath me as much.

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #5 of 27

Quote:
The Auralex SubDude, it works pretty well. 

+1. I have one under my HSU Research VTF-1 and it took the vibrations out and tightened up the bass quite a bit.

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 27

Quote:
@Uncle Erik
As in literally put the sub in a box of sand?

Yes. You can also make em for speakers. I ran across some do it yourself instructions on the net last year when looking for ways to cut down on the bass in my small studio apartment due to driving the elderly woman downstairs crazy. Fortunately i found out about nearfield bookshelf speakers which give me plenty of sound at any hour without bothering anybody who is "reasonable" about things so the sandbox route wasnt needed.

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #11 of 27
Yes! You actually put the sub in a box of sand.

If you want, cut up some nice wood for the box and good, clean sand can be had from a pet store that specializes in fish. Done right, it looks good.

I just hope you don't have a cat. :D

Sep 24, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 27
A friend of mine uses egg cartons for his studio. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #14 of 27
Sep 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #15 of 27
My roommate uses the styrofoam his 12 inch sub came in, just the bottom piece obviously. It's definitely helped, it used to shake the house and now I can feel/hear it a lot less across the house when he's using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back