Something new Monday...
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #91 of 216
Nothing to do with vanity but rather with value for money. The question is whether those new 5k flagships are technically better than older/cheaper flagships. You're right, cheaper models do benefit from flagship latest features at some point, but only if the manufacturer has mass market plans at some point. I would be interested in a cheaper (closed-back!) Abyss model for instance (the 1266 impressed me a lot).
What genres do you like with the 1266?

Nov 9, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #92 of 216
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #95 of 216
betta be some closed back...I dont do open backs.

Nov 10, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #97 of 216
I hope this one doesn't make me look like a character from Doctor Who.

p029sh0w.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #103 of 216
If the new product is an abyss, I hope to make progress, because TC is a big step backward compared with phi
No, not even close. Lol

I hope it's an iem. I would love to see this company jump into that field with their tech.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #104 of 216
Yes, excellent build quality and a phenomenal magnetic earpad SYSTEM. And then nullified by horribly uncomfortable earpads and a horribly uncomfortable headband. Try harder Abyss.
I'm thinking that because of the relatively low material mass in the construction and the tightness of the build, having softer pads and softer headband might have a detrimental effect on speed and transients. But I'm speculating.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #105 of 216
Yes, excellent build quality and a phenomenal magnetic earpad SYSTEM. And then nullified by horribly uncomfortable earpads and a horribly uncomfortable headband. Try harder Abyss.
The price of being unique. Well, pros and cons based on the decisions they made and routes they chose to take. From what I understand, they put sound first, then quality, then comfort. And profit margins well above all that, how it looks somewhere in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back