Something 'big' coming from SanDisk
Mar 22, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #61 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And music.

Yep it will be good for music storage, once they come down in price I can carry 4 around and have 120Gb of music.

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #62 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by os2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
32GB MicroSDHC card for $200 - press release on gizmodo
frown.gif

yay for 100th post
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the link (a good way to post your 100th!). As I said earlier in this thread, my primary reason for anticipating this is the inevitable drop in price on the 16GB cards. I really want one for my Clip+. I'd like a 32GB, of course, but there is something just so wrong about putting $200 worth of storage in a $65 device. Well, actually there isn't. But in tough fiscal times, a 16GB will do me just fine.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #64 of 82
Thank goodness. If it was going to be a new DAP, I was going to get pissed as I just ordered a Clip+. Looking forward to these new 32GB cards to become affordable though.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #65 of 82
Hmm... with 'big' announcement comes big disappointment.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #66 of 82
What is so special about 32 GB for that price?
I bought a 32 GB USB stick in Singapore this winter for €50,- Ok, it is no card, but OTOH, it is faster.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #67 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is so special about 32 GB for that price?
I bought a 32 GB USB stick in Singapore this winter for €50,- Ok, it is no card, but OTOH, it is faster.

It's the first 32GB SDHC. Big news for phones, music players, etc.

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #69 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the first 32GB SDHC. Big news for phones, music players, etc.

Yep it is big news for me, I have been waiting awhile for 32GB microSD. For years I have stuck to my Zune30 upgraded with a 100GB hard drive cause I only listen to lossless so I need a huge amount of storage and the Zune sounded pretty good.

Well I liked my Zune\XM5 combo but have been looking to upgrade for a few years now. After a lot of searching the SFLO:2 ended up being the player that met my needs.

It has 16Gb on board storage and a microSD slot. With 16GB card I needed 5 of them to match the current storage I had with my Zune. Now with 32GB microsd I only need to carry around 3 of them and that will give me even more storage than my current setup. This won't be feasible until the prices come down, but at least now they are out.

So because I knew my next player was going to have a microSD slot I have been waiting patiently for this.

32GB microsd cards have been promised for over 2 years now.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #70 of 82
Great, I started a thread just so we all can get our hopes smashed on the rocks. Really, it's nice to have a 32gb microSD card made available to us all, but it's surely not a "Big" announcement.

Oh well, hope some of you guys got some good news from this. Me, "meh",...............

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #71 of 82
well sandisk shouldn't have used something big! more like somthing way overdue and expected a long time ago

im just hopeing 16gb cards go down a lot when they start shipping the 32gb which is in a couple days
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #72 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well sandisk shouldn't have used something big! more like somthing way overdue and expected a long time ago

im just hopeing 16gb cards go down a lot when they start shipping the 32gb which is in a couple days
smily_headphones1.gif

+1
i think the 32gig was expected along time ago. When the bigbox store start carrying 32gig i think thats when will see the 16gig go down. Maybe on x-mas holiday
angry_face.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #73 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy287 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1
i think the 32gig was expected along time ago. When the bigbox store start carrying 32gig i think thats when will see the 16gig go down. Maybe on x-mas holiday
angry_face.gif

16GB Microsd cards aren't all that much right now. I can get a sandisk one on amazon for 30$ it works pretty well with my SFLO:2.

How cheap are you guys expecting them to get?

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #74 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
16GB Microsd cards aren't all that much right now. I can get a sandisk one on amazon for 30$ it works pretty well with my SFLO:2.

How cheap are you guys expecting them to get?

Well, speaking from canadian pricepoint its pretty expensive. The lowest i've seen was 54.99.

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #75 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've read some speculation of this being SanDisk's release (finally) of a 32GB microSDHC card (which the duplicate "32s" in the release date would seem to support)...but at least we don't have to wait long to find out.

QFT.
wink.gif
I never had high hopes, so nothing dashed for me...

Will be happy to pick up a 32GB microSDHC card when competitors start releasing them with higher class ratings and lower prices, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back