Some Whiplash TWag V1 Cables Turning Green (Split from JH13 Appreciation Thread)
May 28, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #136 of 242

Lee and Craig (and Jude) have not handled this well at all, they admonished and belittled Parrots at every turn - Now it's out in the wild that they sold cables that were 87% silver their reputation is crud 

How can you say its the fault of their supplier? Lee/Craig are the end supplier it is them who "supposedly" designed the super sounding cables

And as for the Assay company asking to take the report down, they never asked for it to be, nor did anyone ever email Head Fi - So you have to ask Jude why he is claiming they did, because it never happened, period

I'll probably be banned for this (and this post deleted) but Jude has deleted the proof that the twag cable is snake oil on the pretence that the Assay company mailed him (they never did). He has also sent me private messages threatening to ban me if I try to post the assay picture (which they are happy for me  or Parrots to do, seeing as no one has never emailed Head Fi to take it down)

Quote:
I'm a cable skeptic and this whole turning green business made me think of Uncle Erik's proposed "brined in seawater" experiment. But even so, it seems to me that Lee and Craig have handled themselves reasonably well in response to what has happened. The main mistake that was made was in getting screwed by their supplier.

As for the incident of the assay report being taken down, it appears that no one is really at fault except for maybe the assay company not realizing what fair use means. Lee was within his rights to want confirmation on Parrots' claim. Just as Parrots was within his rights to want confirmation on Lee's claim.

May 28, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #137 of 242

Totally agree, Jude sent me threatening PM's about calling out Lee/TWAG

I pointed this out to him that forum is based on trust and truth, then he sent me back abuse. So go figure, it's Sponsor Fi from know on
Quote:
Lee's behavior of having the Assay office have Jude take down information showing that Lee was selling head-fi'ers copper/silver cable as pure silver seems like something the moderators and administrators should be talking to Lee very seriously about. Maybe they have already, but this whole thing is something that threatens the relationship between head-fi, head-fi'ers and the hi-fi companies/head-fi sponsors who make the hobby possible.

May 28, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #138 of 242
The v1 is still up for sale. Furthermore, since they didn't take action when the first cables started turning green we're left no choice but to assume that they were hoping no-one would wise up.

The way the sponsors are being shielded around here is disturbing. I don't see why moderators are making excuses for Lee and Craig, it's one thing to make sure discussion stays clean and civil, but another thing entirely to speak of Craig's and Lee's character to try and sway opinions in their favour.

May 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #139 of 242
I'd heard stories about the Head Fi "clique" but never realised how much it was in full effect until I joined here. It certainly puts some of the reviews/videos in perspective

87% solid silver 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
The v1 is still up for sale. Furthermore, since they didn't take action when the first cables started turning green we're left no choice but to assume that they were hoping no-one would wise up.

The way the sponsors are being shielded around here is disturbing. I don't see why moderators are making excuses for Lee and Craig, it's one thing to make sure discussion stays clean and civil, but another thing entirely to speak of Craig's and Lee's character to try and sway opinions in their favour.

May 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #141 of 242
omg, you're still going on about it. havent you had fun enough already doing the diy tests and playing detective? about time you go back playing with the action dolls, and stop pestering a good business with this c***.

Cryoparts DO NOT deserve this nuisance.

can some mods please lock this thread, and preferably ban some of these trolls? pretty please.

May 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #142 of 242

Quote:
can some mods please lock this thread, and preferably ban some of these trolls? pretty please.

Why should they do this?? Do you have any personal disadvantages?

May 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #143 of 242
Quote:
Lee and Craig (and Jude) have not handled this well at all, they admonished and belittled Parrots at every turn - Now it's out in the wild that they sold cables that were 87% silver their reputation is crud 

How can you say its the fault of their supplier? Lee/Craig are the end supplier it is them who "supposedly" designed the super sounding cables

And as for the Assay company asking to take the report down, they never asked for it to be, nor did anyone ever email Head Fi - So you have to ask Jude why he is claiming they did, because it never happened, period

I'll probably be banned for this (and this post deleted) but Jude has deleted the proof that the twag cable is snake oil on the pretence that the Assay company mailed him (they never did). He has also sent me private messages threatening to ban me if I try to post the assay picture (which they are happy for me  or Parrots to do, seeing as no one has never emailed Head Fi to take it down)

Yes, per your last paragraph, you are correct--you've been banned.  I've harassed you?  You've called me a liar, via PM, and now publicly.

Acting in the role of self-described "freelance journalist," you demanded that I publicly post emails that were sent to me, you claiming to be in communication with the assay company, and insisting to me that they're okay with the posting of the report, despite what appear to me to be emails directly from that company to the contrary.  (You additionally accused me of lying about having received those emails--again, via PM's, and now via public posting.)  I asked you to ask them (again, since you have been telling me you've been in communication with them as "a freelance journalist") to email me directly to tell me that the emails that were sent to me previously were done in err and/or that they've changed their position on the matter.  What you wanted was for me to take their word (and their apparently changed position) as it was being asserted by you.  Again, using your powers of investigative freelance journalism, you claimed to be in contact with them, so have them email me directly to tell me--to state in absolutely no uncertain terms--that the position you assert is now theirs is indeed theirs.

Following is one of the two emails I received from the assay office.  Also included is a screenshot of the full header information.  Some things have been blurred.

As for the assertions that I've seen repeated that Lee from CryoParts requested that the report be taken down:  That does not appear to me to be accurate.  From what I've seen in this thread, it seems to me that what Lee did was contact the assay office to verify that the report was indeed from them.  Sometime after that, I received two emails that appear to me to be from that office (one of them below) that seem to me to be a firm request for the removal of it.  From what I can tell, that request is from the office, not from Lee.  Lee has also posted in this thread stating as much (that he contacted them only to confirm that the report was from them).  Also, in neither of the emails did it seem to me that the company indicated or hinted that they were requesting this under threat or pressure from anyone else.

Quote:

As for the v1 still being for sale:  I can't speak for Whiplash, but anyone can confirm with them if what's showing as v1 for sale is any different than the cables in question.  I'd guess so, but anyone here can contact them to confirm that.

As for Whiplash being shielded:  Are you reading the same thread I am?  To the best of my understanding, CryoParts has not been a sponsor of Head-Fi for quite some time.  Whiplash is a sponsor, and, frankly, I'd be very surprised if they felt protected at all.

May 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #144 of 242
I think it is worth leaving the thread open so that the truth is made public and, very importantly, that Lee and Craig have a forum in which to answer the claims and make things right. It is an issue that is important to many here at Head-Fi and there should be a public discussion about it so we stay informed.

That being said some of the personal attacks have been appalling and I do hope that is taken care of any way necessary, including banning guilty parties if necessary.

Quote:

May 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #145 of 242
Protected from what? My business is in a serious crisis mode financially all because I buy a wire from a highly regarded wire manufacture and there might be an issue from a wire that was sold YEARS/MONTHS ago which people LOVE the sound. I have offered to replace the wire.......
Let me make myself clear. I DO NOT EVEN HAVE TWag v1 wire anywhere in stock. Why is someone saying I'm selling v1? That is untrue and completely an attack since its IMPOSSIBLE  ---- PERIOD. All I have are scraps. 

I make cables. I also buy parts and materials from hundreds of manufactures. This is how it works....just so its clear.

I buy and use parts including v1 wire and about 10 - 50 other parts all from various manufactures to make one cable. So I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong. I have only seen in my hands a few cables turning green. Since then well after v1 was --> OUT OF PRODUCTION <--- we starting to look into what the problem was since there were complaints coming in about green wire. 

In my mind, its simple. The rest is contained in this thread. 
Sorry if my role in all of this as been mistaken and why I'm used in every post. I buy wire. This is how business works. 

In the big picture, many customers have really enjoyed my products. It will be a shame if this stops all because I BUY MATERIALS THAT MAY NOT BE FULLY PURE years ago. I have told everyone what I will do and I think that is clear. 
I'm a very small business owner. These issues greatly affect everything I do. I cant enough tell everyone that I will do everything in my power to help with this situation. 

I really hope I can continue with TWag v2 and make great products that people can enjoy listening too. If all of you feel its necessary to alter that, then so be it. 

Oh BTW, if Lee from CryoParts and I were trying to deceive people, why would we go to such great lengths to work with this issue?

Craig

[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

May 28, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #148 of 242
Glad i wasnt the only one appalled last night, but i was so angry i thought it better not to post until i could be more rational about it. either some of you guys just read the spammer highlite reel, digested and put into words you can more readily understand, or have actual crippling literary comprehension problems; which is it? those are the only 2 explanations that do not involve trolling, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt

it is the consumers right to know the test results, it is the consumers right to be reimbursed for any issues if any warranties/claims were violated. neither of these rights have been denied and i dont think that i have seen a single actual v1 owner in here for some time, only the 'head-fi consumer champions' aside from the obvious one anyway. i think if you asked any of the people that are actually effected by this, they would probably be pretty satisfied with the result, given some will have year old cables made new again with the latest version and what i consider to be pretty open and honorable actions taken to solve the problem publicly 

it is not, however a right of the casual observer to defame and make baseless public claims of mis-proprietary

May 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #150 of 242
I don't really perceive an audible difference using different cables, but until I learn to DIY my own cables I'm happy to pay for someone else to make them. From personal experience, Craig at Whiplash makes handmade custom cables for, IMO a reasonable price. I found Craig very contactable & easy to deal with, so - even though I'm more than aware that truth is supreme - I think it was a little ill considered that his business was named in this threads title when I'm certain any concerns could have been resolved with an Email or phone call. There's a mile of difference between someone selling Snake oil & someone selling skill and craft. I can understand being annoyed because a product isn't up to scratch - but surely it's good manners to give the seller first response? None of my business really, but it's angering to see someones reputation diminished by a few key strokes (inadvertently or not).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back