Some UE TF10 questions..
Apr 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ari33

100+ Head-Fier
I had my first introduction to the UE TF10's last week and imediately went and bought a pair.. They are my first pair of BA iem's and I have been totally blown away by their awsomeness.. Im well and truely hooked... wow.. just wow!

There seems to be a slight rattle or vibration from my left one at a certain freqency in one song only that I'd never noticed before.. I'm suspecting one of the drivers may not be fully secure and vibrating off the shell at a certain frequency at high volumes.. is this common? I can live with it as I've only noticed it once and it isn't that intrusive tbh.

I've made up some custom tips made from memory foam ear plugs and although an improvement in comfort and sound over the standard silicon Im looking at maybe getting some Comply T500 tips to hopefully improve things further but still not 100% sure what to get.. What tips would you guys recomend?

Also what other IEM's out there are similar or better than the TF10's in sound quality/signiture, soundstage and overall?

Thanks,

Ari

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 8
The W3 shares a similar sound signature to the TF10.  

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 8
The W3 shares a similar sound signature to the TF10.  

Similar, but definitely not the same. I had the W3 for awhile and really enjoyed the exciting sound. To me, they delivered what I expected a triple driver iem should sound like. (Even the Shure SE530 had anemic lows. They should just say, we're all about mids and stop making deceptive claims on their 'bass' performance and emphasize on the how intimate the mids are - how sweet they are). On the W3, while not all tracks would produce siblance or that mid-bass hump, I can notice it on enough of my music. EQ did help which is why I held on to them for so long. The UM3X was very smooth - but to a fault to my ears. The highs were so distant that it did distract me from simply enjoying the music because it left me wondering where the sparkle was.

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Chris Himself Silver Ray Cable is highly recommended.  Love it for my TF10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back