1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Some Questions on the Beyerdynamic DT 990s

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dieforsurviving, Jan 23, 2015.
  1. DieForSurviving
    I had JUST purchased The DT 990 Premiums. (in shipping ATM)
    (i wanted to get the 600 Ohms but they were sold out, got the 250 Ohm instead - Dayum sales make things go out of stock FAST!)

I'm pretty sure these are headphones I am going to love, but i have a few questions, like what are the inner and outer diameters for the ear cushion. the most i ever find is "So and so's ear pads fit on so and so headphone". If someone could just measure that and reply with those numbers, i would appreciate it.

Additionally, I gather the higher impedance versions sound better. Between the 250 Ohm to the 600 Ohm, how much of a difference is it? barely noticeable? or is it "Wow" worthy? Or does it depend on what im listening to?

(I May or may not later start a thread looking to trade my 250 Ohm for a 600 Ohm. Depends...)

2. PETEREK
    I can't say which version sounds "better", but I can tell you that the diameter of the ear pads are about 4 inches. I can't imagine Beyer headphones' pads ever being uncomfortable for anyone.

3. DieForSurviving
    @cCasper TFG Thank you. The ohm versions are not that important, i was mainly curious as to the size of the ear cushions.

Still though, My Fiio E12 Should be able to drive the 600 Ohm version. (is pretty powerful)
    if I can get the 250 Ohm version ear blisteringly loud, I will probably look for trading my 250 Ohm version for a 600 Ohm version.

4. PETEREK
    I loved my 250 ohm version. The only reason I sold it was because I bought a T90. I thought I would keep it forever.

5. DieForSurviving
    @cCasper TFG Well i do intend to get higher end headphones like that eventually, but i need stepping stone headphones first. I intended to save and get something of that tier, but the DT990s were on sale for only $199...

6. PETEREK
    Oh I was just saying that they are really great, and that (IMO) for what I was using them for, they were the best I could get out of an open headphone under the price of the T90.