Some Questions on the Beyerdynamic DT 990s
Jan 23, 2015 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DieForSurviving

Head-Fier
I had JUST purchased The DT 990 Premiums. (in shipping ATM)
(i wanted to get the 600 Ohms but they were sold out, got the 250 Ohm instead - Dayum sales make things go out of stock FAST!)

I'm pretty sure these are headphones I am going to love, but i have a few questions, like what are the inner and outer diameters for the ear cushion. the most i ever find is "So and so's ear pads fit on so and so headphone". If someone could just measure that and reply with those numbers, i would appreciate it.

Additionally, I gather the higher impedance versions sound better. Between the 250 Ohm to the 600 Ohm, how much of a difference is it? barely noticeable? or is it "Wow" worthy? Or does it depend on what im listening to?

(I May or may not later start a thread looking to trade my 250 Ohm for a 600 Ohm. Depends...)

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 6
I can't say which version sounds "better", but I can tell you that the diameter of the ear pads are about 4 inches. I can't imagine Beyer headphones' pads ever being uncomfortable for anyone.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 6
@cCasper TFG Thank you. The ohm versions are not that important, i was mainly curious as to the size of the ear cushions.

Still though, My Fiio E12 Should be able to drive the 600 Ohm version. (is pretty powerful)
if I can get the 250 Ohm version ear blisteringly loud, I will probably look for trading my 250 Ohm version for a 600 Ohm version.

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 6
Oh I was just saying that they are really great, and that (IMO) for what I was using them for, they were the best I could get out of an open headphone under the price of the T90. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back