some questions about the Udac
Jun 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

OmerNess

New Head-Fier
Today I got my new HD25 II, and I have some questions regarding them.
1) Will the SQ on the HPs benefit from the presence of dac/amp?
2) What are the differences between the udac and the udac2? does the udac 2 worth the extra charge? (In my country it is a 50$ of difference between the udac & the udac 2)

thanks!
Omer.

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 6
1. They don't need an amp. A DAC would only matter if the source is bad or what not

2. They don't need an amp

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 6
YOU DON'T NEED AN AMP

hey, you don't need an amp

Did you know? You don't need an amp

Knock knock
Who's there?
YOU DON'T NEED AN AMP!

When you think of buying an amp, it's only to pair it to the headphones you already have. If the headphones you have need an amp, get one. If they don't, you don't need one. You computer will play music just the same from the green or headphone jack located on it somewhere.

If you buy an amp, you'll waste your money and find that the only difference is, is that your -$150 and your volume has increased.

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
YOU DON'T NEED AN AMP

hey, you don't need an amp

Did you know? You don't need an amp

Knock knock
Who's there?
YOU DON'T NEED AN AMP!

When you think of buying an amp, it's only to pair it to the headphones you already have. If the headphones you have need an amp, get one. If they don't, you don't need one. You computer will play music just the same from the green or headphone jack located on it somewhere.

If you buy an amp, you'll waste your money and find that the only difference is, is that your -$150 and your volume has increased.

green headphone jack in my computer is pure crap, for the fact that as I plug the headphone a loud hiss appears in the right can (which also happens with my akg's so its not the headphones)
so solutions are usb dac, or a new sound card, both cost the same (round 100$ which is my budget) , so is there any good dac you know?
I prefer usb dac for I will be able to use it with the laptop I'll get in a few months as well.

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #6 of 6
PCI:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128005

spending $100 on a soundcard when you don't need an amp? This will give you better sound then from your original MoBo interface and it's only $10. This will suit you fine

YOU DON'T NEED AN AMP

and

YOU WOULDN'T NOTICE THE CHANGE IF YOU USE A DAC

Only headphones that either can't handle digital frequencies or are too high grade to correctly take digital music need to change the audio over to analog. Your M50's will not notice a change in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back