Some Little Dot 1+ Questions
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GivenTheOkiDoke

Head-Fier
I just got my first hybrid amp and a few differant tubes to try out. First question is how hard do I push the tubes down in the slot? Second what is the best way to remove the op amp? Is there an easy tool I can buy or something around the house? I was reading a small jewlers flat head could work but the space between the board and op amp is so tiny that I don't see it working. Thanks for any help.

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Some tube sockets are harder than others to insert the tube but most need a firm push. Sometimes a ever so slight wiggle will help inserting and removing also but no wild swings just a gentle tilt. Op amps don't know sorry never had a amp that had them that are switchable.

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Some tube sockets are harder than others to insert the tube but most need a firm push. Sometimes a ever so slight wiggle will help inserting and removing also but no wild swings just a gentle tilt. Op amps don't know sorry never had a amp that had them that are switchable.
Now arw the tubes supposed to go all the way down? Or will some of the metal pins be exposed?

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 6
No pins should be showing it should seat up to the socket.

Sep 14, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 6
No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back