Some help and advice with finding some new earphones (not a straightforward story)
Aug 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

YOD

New Head-Fier
Today was a very sad day for me.. The relisation had set in that I had finally lost my beloved Yuin PK7 earbuds
confused_face.gif
, a pair of earphones that had served me so well and that had delivered (what I believed all beit n uneducated belief) a good quality of sound.

Having been out of the loop for a couple of years now I am unsure as to what to look at or even go for.
I have in the past gone for earbuds as I have a condition with my ear otherwise known as a cup ear which in short means the ear itself is smaller than the average ear and positioned lower so that the canal  goes up slightly.As a result of te ear being smaller and the position of the ear canal I have always struggled with ear buds due to them not fitting in my right ear properly. Although the short time I have been able to get them to fit the sound quality I have loved.

Would anybody Have any suggestions as to what earbuds are the best right now.. I am simply using them with my ipod for daily use and when I go to the gym.. Also if anybody has any suggestions regarding IEM's I would be glad to hear what people have to say.. I understand that you can get customised sets but is this considerably more pricy.

As for Price I would say around proabaly the price I paid for the Yuins (which unfortuantly I cant remember how much... I think it was about £25?) but thats a guesstimate. All I know is I cannot put up with these awful ipod earphones or these bose IEM's that just deliver a lot of bass and not much clear good quality sound!

yod

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 2
I also have difficulties finding earbuds that fit - my ear canals are smaller than most, so many of the earbuds I have owned tend to slip out with use. The Yuins are a rare exception, particularly if fitted with the accompanying pads. I think that as far as your options go, you can either choose to repurchase the Yuins or experiment with the new Sennheiser MX series (the MX880 may be a good option for you). I own and use the older MX400s on a regular basis and find their shape and fit remarkably similar to that of the Yuins. And for an even $5, the sound quality of the MX400 is nothing to scoff at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back