Some buying advice for an audio newbie
Jul 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Justo

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I'm brand new here (just registered) but I have read quite a lot of threads and review on the site. I'm looking to buy some gear and although I have a good idea of what I would like--thanks to all the threads here--I was hoping I could get some advice. I've never bought any audio equipment before but I would really like to get a nice DAC and amp for my headphones (Senn HD555s). I plan on running all of my music off of my Macbook Pro since I have a large lossless library and nowhere else to keep it.

I'm really interested in the Keces DAC-131 and Shiite's Asgard seems to have gotten great reviews with the sennheisers. But I am really new to all of this and I don't know if buying both of these is a good idea. If I bought these it would be the absolute most I could spend on gear for a long time so I just want to make sure they would work well together and with my HD555s. I would like to buy a separate DAC and amp because I might upgrade in the future. 

Hopefully you guys won't mind me asking for advice on my first post here, but I would like to become active on the forum once I get some equipment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back