[SOLVED] Loxjie D10 DAC/amp with lots of issues - no driver worked so far
Feb 22, 2022 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rorik

New Head-Fier
SOLVED by using Windows 10. Was struggling with the graphics card (drivers didn't want to install, so I updated the OS first), so my response was a bit delayed. Both D10 drivers worked.

I was looking for a new desktop DAC that is better than my xDuoo Link and FiiO M3K and found Loxjie D10, which had great measures for its price, then I bought it.

Since yesterday afternoon, when it arrived home, I'm trying to make this DAC work. I've seen people saying they got it working when they installed the D20 firmware. I can install the driver, only. But nothing happens. The device is always not recognized. The TUSBAudio Firmware Update tool ("DFU_Tool") only says "No device found. Please plug in the device you want to upgrade."

Issues:

1 - Once I almost got it to work, when I first connected it the system (Windows 11) recognized it and I could "use it", but when I connected a mic on my PC, there was a LOT of noise (which is absent using the own motherboard's audio) and I tried to install what they call "USB anti-interference firmware", but it doesn't work;

2 - When it worked the first time, it also said "no device found" on that DFU_Tool and it couldn't read DSD files as DSD, only as PCM;

3 - Then I uninstalled the drivers and tried to install every possible combination of drivers, now it got worse and nothing I do makes the system recognize the DAC;

4 - Sometimes it can't maintain an input selected -> as soon as I select the USB input, the light turns off; after installing and reinstalling some times, changing USB ports at times, it lights on USB but nothing happens;

5 - Tried with many different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0, with aux power, without aux power.

The shop in AliExpress only said: "Hello, it is necessary to install the driver first, and then install the D10 Firmware USB anti-interference"

But that's what I already did. Then uninstalled everything related to DACs that was on my PC, using Revo Uninstaller. It doesn't work.

Then, they said: "please first set the input of the D10 to USB, and then connect the D10 to the computer". OK, found an external charger to it, to put into aux power port. Then connected to the USB (tried many different ports). It still doesn't work.

I want to try everything possible before returning it, since returning AliExpress things from my country is a pain in the ass, but I guess that's what I'll end up doing, then I buy something that's already here and tested. I will wait until tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 4
They said it doesn't support Windows 11. I'll try to downgrade to Windows 10. Sucks but... Better than having to return something from Ali.

SOLVED by using Windows 10. Was struggling with the graphics card (drivers didn't want to install, so I updated the OS first), so my response was a bit delayed. Both D10 drivers worked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back