Sol Republic Tracks?
Feb 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #107 of 114
Quote:
Make sure to keep us updated btw which headphones are those in your avatar

I will definitely keep you updated.  Won't have them in my hands until Friday, bummer as they are sitting at my house right now :frowning2:

Headphones in avatar: Ferrari by Logic 3 T350.  They're very beautiful headphones, but that's about it :p  Don't run without batteries :frowning2:

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #109 of 114
Quote:
Is the sound good at least for it being anc?

They sounded decent, but ANC didn't work too well, it did something, but there's better.  They also aren't worth the price for the sound you get.  

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #110 of 114
Update on Master Tracks.  It seems like a step backward from the Ultras :frowning2:  More boom in the sound, A little overpowering.  It doesn't really destroy the midrange, but does effect it a bit.  It's a deeper V from the Ultras, and a less hollow midrange (Ultras had hollow vocals to my ears).

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #112 of 114
Quote:
That's a shame... I was interested to see what SOL could do with bigger drivers. 

In a way, it really is.  The sound isn't bad, it's just not audiophile material :frowning2:  I do hope they straighten out the v a bit in their next over ear model.  

May 16, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #114 of 114
I managed to get my hands on a V10 Deadmau5 special edition, V12 Ultras and the Original Master Tracks X3. I would say the best sounding for me is the Master tracks. It's just a more orderly headphone in terms of sound. The v10 and 12 had problems with soundstage but the master tracks fixes this. Granted I'm using a portable class A amplifier Just Audio AHA 120's which are about $600 new themselves so it may influence the sound. The mater tracks are my choice for long listening sessions. It's so comfortable as well. The V12's I think at least in my opinion sounds like my grado sr225i but with more bass.but that's just my opinion. There's a heavy emphasis on the midrange and treble but bass is also strong when called for. But this sounds hollow compared to the master tracks. I can just imagine what this thing will sound like without my amp which actually adds soundstage. The clamping force of the V12's seem to be the least out of the three as headband seems to be made of a different material. It's a clear sort of plastic unlike the others which look different. The V10's Deadmau5 edition, I must say I only bough because of the insane colour scheme and I happen to like to orange colour and the fruit itself :) but in saying that they do seem to be very good for modern music with lots of bass, pop music, dance music etc. in actuality I'm thinking the v10's are the master tracks without the soundstage and lesser details but the master tracks seem to be a marriage of the v10 and v12 with more refinement again.. I now need to get the master tracks Calvin Harris edition to compare. I won't be getting the V8's cause it's agreed the V10's are the better sounding ones anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back