Sol Republic Tracks?
Aug 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #16 of 114
I do own the Tracks, LP and the LP2.  The LP2 is better than the LP in my opinion.  The sounds stage is good and bass is strong and mids are better on the LP2.  The bass of the Tracks is strong and the headphone as a whole is very warm and leans towards dark.  The mids of the LP2 is far better than the Tracks.  As far which headphone has the stronger build...I think it's a draw.  The headband of the tracks is pretty much indestructible.  The earcups come right off and are very light so it seems as though they could take a real beating.  The LP/LP2 is just a tank all the way around.  I feel like I can throw them against a wall and they would hurt the wall.  But they are MUCH heavier than the Tracks too. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 114
Quote:
I'd have to recommend just going with the M50.

The Crossfade LPs have out-of-phase and very loose-sounding bass, and a lot of it, which makes matters worse. The treble is also very artificial sounding; sort of plasticky. If you want to get a paur of V-Modas you'd be much better off with the M-80. The SOLs have better bass than the Crossfade LPs, but virtually no treble to speak of, and the mid-treble transition is really rough. They sound very slow and mushy. Quite frankly, I don't find them very good-looking either.

That's strange, the treble on my Tracks are very clear. Only the midrange is a bit disappointing. Maybe your set was defective? And yes, the M50s are very good. Maybe you should go with those and get an amp later?

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #19 of 114
Quote:

I take my sound engines off all the time, and I always have to pull them off with quite some force. If we could get some more tracks owners to test how hard it is to take off the sound engines, it would be great!

I think what I was saying didn't come out right.  They don't fall off or anything....quite the contrary, they sit on the headband nice and snug.  I meant that they are quite easy to remove and are very light but feel like they could handle some abuse with no issues at all.  They don't feel cheap in any way.  AND the padding is quite nice.  They are more comfortable than the M80s imo.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #20 of 114
Quote:
I do own the Tracks, LP and the LP2.  The LP2 is better than the LP in my opinion.  The sounds stage is good and bass is strong and mids are better on the LP2.  The bass of the Tracks is strong and the headphone as a whole is very warm and leans towards dark.  The mids of the LP2 is far better than the Tracks.  As far which headphone has the stronger build...I think it's a draw.  The headband of the tracks is pretty much indestructible.  The earcups come right off and are very light so it seems as though they could take a real beating.  The LP/LP2 is just a tank all the way around.  I feel like I can throw them against a wall and they would hurt the wall.  But they are MUCH heavier than the Tracks too. 

Quote:

That's strange, the treble on my Tracks are very clear. Only the midrange is a bit disappointing. Maybe your set was defective? And yes, the M50s are very good. Maybe you should go with those and get an amp later?

Quote:
I think what I was saying didn't come out right.  They don't fall off or anything....quite the contrary, they sit on the headband nice and snug.  I meant that they are quite easy to remove and are very light but feel like they could handle some abuse with no issues at all.  They don't feel cheap in any way.  AND the padding is quite nice.  They are more comfortable than the M80s imo.

The only reason I considered over the ear, such as the M50's and the LP's is because I hear the Tracks HD can become uncomfortable after hours?

The downside of the M50's is the cord. It's coiled and not very portable worthy, even though I'll usually not take it out. Why can't they all be like $5 so I can just buy them all? lol

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #24 of 114
On ears will work fine then! The Tracks have never felt uncomfortable on my head, and my head is larger than most. Please note that as with all headphones, they have to be broken in a little before the headphones start to form to your headshape. 

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #25 of 114
Perfect thanks! If I ever go on a trip or whatever and I have to wear sunglasses, I'll just pop in my In-ear ones. I can pick up the SOL's up at a store, rather than waiting to get the others. Maybe in the future I'll get the M50's

Aug 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #28 of 114
"That's strange, the treble on my Tracks are very clear. Only the midrange is a bit disappointing. Maybe your set was defective? And yes, the M50s are very good. Maybe you should go with those and get an amp later?"

Compared to what? Compared to my GR07s the Sols sound like bargain-bin cans; worse in every regard. The quantity of the treble in the Sols is severely lacking, and a lack of treble speed also makes them sound slow and mushy. I've listened to several pairs, and they have all sounded the same. Slow, mushy, and congested.

Also, the M50's cable is coiled up nicely which makes it much easier to use on-the-go than the straight cable of the M50S.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 114
Quote:
"That's strange, the treble on my Tracks are very clear. Only the midrange is a bit disappointing. Maybe your set was defective? And yes, the M50s are very good. Maybe you should go with those and get an amp later?"

Compared to what? Compared to my GR07s the Sols sound like bargain-bin cans; worse in every regard. The quantity of the treble in the Sols is severely lacking, and a lack of treble speed also makes them sound slow and mushy. I've listened to several pairs, and they have all sounded the same. Slow, mushy, and congested.

Also, the M50's cable is coiled up nicely which makes it much easier to use on-the-go than the straight cable of the M50S.

I'm going to buy a pair of SOL Track HD's in store. If I don't like them, I will return them a demand a refund lol. Then I'll buy the M50's. But, if the HD's are fine, I'll keep them and maybe get them in the future. Also, did you try the Track's or the Tracks HD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back