SOHA II - Super SE Hybrid
Oct 24, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #661 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm good with this too. I am happy to start that thread, but if one of you guys wants to do that just let me know so I can subscribe.

I nominate you to start the thread and call it "SOHA II Builders thread". On your first post, you can have a link to your site and maybe a description and picture of the board layout. Hopefully people don't just make a bunch of posts about waiting for their parts, they can do that in this one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #662 of 707
OK. I'll do that. A question though. Do you mean the PCB layout as shown on the website or a stuffed board or a silkscreen image or a 3D image or ????
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #666 of 707
Jeff R has always prepared group buys that include both boards only and complete kits. Complete kits generally do not include the enclosure, but in this case I believe they will include the transformer and pot.

Jeff also usually offers a few options on the kits including upgraded caps, etc.

I don't know exactly what the offering will be this time, but should follow this general pattern.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #667 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would you recommend for D2000 - Bijou or Soha II?
What would you recommend for HD650 - Bijou or Soha II?

There has been a synergy between the HD650 and Soha II noted by myself and others. But that's all I can speak to...

Oct 24, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #668 of 707
And, the hd600...

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #670 of 707
All,

I've just received my Cmbridge DACMAgic B and have been playing with optical and SPDIF - my USB hookups are notorius for noise with my crappy home power situation.

The II is DEAD silent and gorgeous sounding with this DAC ('course my 650s are just starting to break in as well.)

Also, I will be bringing the II to a mini-meet in Denver this Saturday. If anyone's around and interested PM me for details.

More impressions in reviews as I break this setup in...

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #671 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe Jeff will add a choice of some Hammond enclosures in his kits, but Jeff will have to confirm.

Yes, there are a few to choose from. The standard kit will have a long T size case in clear (silver), with metal faces 1455T2201. Optional choices are the shorter T size case in clear or black (metal faces) and the 1455T2201 in black. The shorter T cases don't have room for the torroid, you would have to enclose it separately.

The next run of boards are on order and should be ready near the end of November and will be available at glassjaraudio.

Jeff

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #673 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeff,

what will be available - boards or kits?

I have recently been in contact with jeff and I think i'm correct in saying both full kits inc boards and all ancillaries as well as individual items ie boards are availible for purchase. jeff will also leave out certain parts of the kit if you already have them or for shipping/weight reasons, jeff has assured me that a kit minus traffo, case and valves is fine for me to order.

I have found jeff to be very helpful with regards to answering all my questions.

unfortunately my build has to be put on hold until i can free up some cash....bloody recesion.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back