SoFla Meet March 7, 2009?
Feb 3, 2009 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
I'm thinking of having a meet the weekend of March 7, 2009. Location is not determined but likely will be at one of the hotels in the Plantation area. This isn't definite. I will decide whether to go with it after I see how much interest there is. I do not anticipate any vendors in attendance with CJ '09 two or so months later and that it will likely be a small meet.

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 101
Why dont we combine the central fl meet with this one, and just have one.

Probably more folks showing up as well = more gear to hear

Just a thought

Feb 3, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEABREEZE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a thought

The truth is that I can't make the Central Florida meet and my wife is out of town this weekend in March.

Feb 4, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEABREEZE /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a thought

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The truth is that I can't make the Central Florida meet and my wife is out of town this weekend in March.

Why have one when you can have two!
very_evil_smiley.gif
I am game for both.

Feb 4, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #7 of 101
Alright, so maybe it's time to bogart this one from Meet Master Mike.

For all us beer-oriented people, the chosen weekend features some damned good beer events in Tampa. Saturday in Ybor there's the Florida Brewer's Guild Beerfest. Sunday it's the Brewer's Ball (Homebrew and professional competition and tasting). Both are excellent.

Hotel rooms are still available in Ybor at the Hilton Garden Inn where we stayed for the last meet. Rooms are pretty spendy this time of year, but probably about the same as wherever Mike was looking at in Plantation.

Should note that we're basically saying screw a real meet and replacing it with a good old drunken Florida party.

Any interest?

Feb 4, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #9 of 101
The Younger will soon be known as The Wiser! ^

I like beer, so Tampa would work for me. But maybe Mike knows of some beer places too? I mean, if time is an issue for certain folks, it might make sense to keep it on the other side of the swamp where a greater concentration of lunatics reside. Gene and Matt and I can always do a road trip.

In other words, Tampa would seem to win on the fun factor, at least that weekend. But Ft. Lauderdale may be more practical for more people, so whatever works best. I'm in either way.

Stated yet another way, Mike, feel free to bytch slap The Younger if he's stealing your thunder here.

Feb 4, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #10 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i didnt know there was a difference between fl meets and drunken parties...

There isn't lol. Even in my anime club I'm a part of, when we have meets and events there's usually alcohol involved. I guess us floridians just love to drink.
tongue.gif

I might be interested in a south fl meet, maybe.

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 101
Im in for Plantation....Tampa is just too dirty for my tastes.

Feb 5, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #15 of 101
I apologize for the late notice of announcing this meet. The opportunity kind of presented itself so I decided to go ahead with it. Jp has told me he will definitely be here for the meet. He will be working part of the time he is down here so it just worked out better for him to come to Fort Lauderdale than Tampa, sorry Matt. So instead of just a party, this will be a meet and a party. Probably not as big as previous meets but fun nonetheless. I will work on securing a room for March 7. I will post more detail over the weekend and next week.

The Langerado Music Festival was supposed to be the same weekend but has been cancelled. I'm hoping that some of the bands that had committed to the fest will still come down and play some shows. I will be on the lookout for any that may be of some interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back