SoFla Fall Meet "The Storm Before the Jam" - 10/27/07
Oct 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #631 of 678
Do you think I could get a pair of Watt Puppy 8's for my kids?

Alright, at least a pair of Sophias
blink.gif

Besides on "Planet Borat", I didn't know this sort of thing could be done. Wow...endless possibilities.

BTW- Did anyone mention where this meet is being held and at what time?

Oct 25, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #632 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW- Did anyone mention where this meet is being held and at what time?

So, have you found a bathroom you will be able to use the next few days, smart***.
very_evil_smiley.gif

If anyone has a pair of decent 6SN7s that they can bring so I can try them out in the WA5, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #634 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the Diablo will make an appearance. It arrived about an hour ago, and so far so good.

Why is it that all my amps seem to arrive within two days of a meet?

That is really unbelievable! Was there a Storm Pandora in the box with it?

Too much talk of portables these days as it is, but we are going to have a hell of a cage match with all the heavy hitters and future FOTMs in attendance! Wowzer.

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #635 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about a robot chick who shoots missiles out of her boobs!?

180px-Aphrodite-breast-fire.jpg

BOOBS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, Voltron's gonna be pissed about you posting pictures of his wife, isn't he? Not to mention talkin' about her boobs.

[Beavis & Butthead] ... They said boobs ... [/Beavis & Butthead]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to see that our elitist ramblings have not run off all of the new blood.

Speaking of blood, Thrice's will be staining the suites for speaking of Mrs. Voltron's boobs in this crass and public manner.

You, sir, are a cad and I challenge you to pints at three paces. Nate, thank you for defending the honor of the Mrs. It looks like you will have to come to the meet now to be my Second. Steven can have that henchman Nums.

Ah, meet entertainment is at hand. Always looking for new talent.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Well, the Diablo will make an appearance. It arrived about an hour ago, and so far so good.

Why is it that all my amps seem to arrive within two days of a meet?

So we can get our grubby paws on them as soon as you do.
icon10.gif

Hope it's a keeper. Do you still have PRII, or should I bring mine so we can compare to Diablo?

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #636 of 678
Still have the PRII. I think you have the same opamp as mine, iirc, the 8620. Too bad Miguel has quit head-fi (it's true, and he won't be coming to the meet...sick of the same arse-wipe antagonistic posters that we've all encountered...wait am I one?). He had the newer, supposedly "better" MKII. Wish I didn't have to go to work. First impressions are pretty good, but we'll see.

I guess this meet will be a portable showdown of sorts, which is kinda funny after my last thread. Make sure to get pics of me wearing K701s and using the smallest portable there is!

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #637 of 678
Quote:

Still have the PRII. I think you have the same opamp as mine, iirc, the 8620. Too bad Miguel has quit head-fi (it's true, and he won't be coming to the meet...sick of the same arse-wipe antagonistic posters that we've all encountered...wait am I one?). He had the newer, supposedly "better" MKII. Wish I didn't have to go to work. First impressions are pretty good, but we'll see.

I guess this meet will be a portable showdown of sorts, which is kinda funny after my last thread. Make sure to get pics of me wearing K701s and using the smallest portable there is!

I don't understand why a problem Miguel has with some posters has anything to do with attending the meet.
confused.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #638 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand why a problem Miguel has with some posters has anything to do with attending the meet.
confused.gif

Roger that, especially since I said I wasn't coming.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 25, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #639 of 678
[trose49] ROFL Nate!!! [/trose49]

Anyway, I really don't understand Miguel's reaction to his Graham Voyager thread. It was something of a pile-on against it from the beginning, but what does that have to do with him being on Head-Fi or especially coming to a meet with people he [mostly presumably] likes?

Oct 25, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #640 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone has a pair of decent 6SN7s that they can bring so I can try them out in the WA5, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can bring a couple pairs for you to check out and borrow.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #643 of 678
Quote:

Originally Posted by rivieraranch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you mostly doing? Showing off gear, etc.

So, that is a big, loaded question, but here is an easy way to get a sense of a South Florida meet. Read this thread from last Fall's meet. That will give you lots of info. and tell you what goes on, although the whole deodorant incident was one of a kind to my experience.
plainface.gif

Here is a pic, with names in the thread, of many of the people who will be attending this weekend:

E5DD9312.jpg

and more people (thrice, appropriately third from left) who are pictured in this meet pic from June:

IMG_1930.jpg

Also, you might want to read the Meeting Suggestions sticky at the top of this page.

Cheers!

Oct 26, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #644 of 678
As Ray argues with Stevieo about his $2.49 Speed Stick, Mikhail is thinking, "If I hit him low and hard, Ray will go down fast and no one will notice" (forgetting about the camera)
icon10.gif

This is a picture that will stand this test of time.

E5DD9312.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back