Soekris Audiophile Line Dac's 2541, 1541, 1421, 1321, 1101
Oct 27, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #16 of 478
Anybody got further comments on the headphone out-section of the dac1541, (excluding higher to drive planars)?
There seems to have been some conflicting reports on the matter, on paper the specs/power seems to be rather adequate and impressive, for almost anything.

Apr 7, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #21 of 478
Basically yes.

http://soekris.dk/dac1421.html

"The dac1421 has the same features, performance and quality as the top end dac1541, just without the balanced signal chain."

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #22 of 478
Anybody got further comments on the headphone out-section of the dac1541, (excluding higher to drive planars)?
There seems to have been some conflicting reports on the matter, on paper the specs/power seems to be rather adequate and impressive, for almost anything.
Yes. It has tons of power in the headphone stage. Balanced output through my HE6s was very very loud even at a quarter turn. I have a loaner model at the moment for reviewing.

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #23 of 478
I am really looking forward to read first reviews and comparisons of 1541, especially interested in comparisons with obvious suspects (Schiit's TOTL, Mytek brooklin, chords Hugo/Dave, etc.)
Price seems OK and I would love to read how the 1541 DAC holds against raved rivals.
I'll have a review up in a fortnight comparing it against a Mojo and an AMB Zeta DIY build

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #26 of 478
I'll have a review up in a fortnight comparing it against a Mojo and an AMB Zeta DIY build
Very interested on the comparison with the Mojo! Kinda made me sell all my other gear once I got it and plays wonderfully on my stereo system, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution for the latter. Soekris was one of the contenders.

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #27 of 478
Very interested on the comparison with the Mojo! Kinda made me sell all my other gear once I got it and plays wonderfully on my stereo system, but I'm looking for a more permanent solution for the latter. Soekris was one of the contenders.
Have you not got a benchmark dac1? I can't see you'd need a replacement for that!

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #28 of 478
Have you not got a benchmark dac1? I can't see you'd need a replacement for that!
Sold it; now I'm DAC-less and I have to move the Mojo back and forth from the office!

EDIT: you're right to ask, I should remove it from my signature.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back