Soda or Pop?
Feb 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #31 of 61
I'm no soda/pop connoisseur, but damn is this stuff good.
image_jonessoda_creamsoda1.jpg

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #32 of 61
I call it "soda", and sometimes I drink it when I'm wearing my "jeans." But where I used to come from, I would drink "pop," and sometimes I would drink it while wearing my "dungarees" -- and sometimes I would even drink it while sitting on the "ruuff."
darthsmile.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Coke" in the South.

Yea I remember a lot of people who say "Coke" or "Pepsi", or just "Pessi", or just "drink".

Feb 22, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #36 of 61
I've grown up with people around me calling most soft drinks "coke" regardless of whether they were coca cola or not. I personally call soft drinks - soft drinks or soda.

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #39 of 61
If you dont call it soda you may as well call it "carbonated beverage" (with the airquotes).

Now go jerk me some soda!

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #40 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've grown up with people around me calling most soft drinks "coke" regardless of whether they were coca cola or not. I personally call soft drinks - soft drinks or soda.

Welcome to the South
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #43 of 61
I miss Irn Bru
frown.gif
Oh and I try to stick to saying soda but around here they say pop and sometimes I catch myself doing it. Before I moved here I would say "soda pop" just to be funny though. It surprised me that anyone calls it pop. It just seems silly to me for some reason. I got hooked on energy drinks but tried to cut down. My favorite sodas are Moutain Dew Code Red, Cherry Coke, and Dr Pepper. I jump between those 3 so I can't say just 1.

Feb 22, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #44 of 61
Soda. But that's from being born and raised in California. It's "pop" in the great Northwest, which was an adjustment when I lived there for several years.

My favorite, currently, is either Perrier or Pellegrino. Though they are soda, they're the only carbonated beverages I have regularly.

Though I occasionally break down and buy a bottle of one of the hand-crafted micro rootbeers. I love those. I love birch beer, too, but that's hard to find around here. Sometimes you can find it at Bristol Farms, but not always. When I get some free time (
frown.gif
) I'd love to try my hand at homebrewing rootbeer. It can be done, and there are all manner of interesting recipes out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back