SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Aug 7, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #212 of 391
i am not sure at this point if I'll make it, but I just ordered iAudio X5.. scheduled to be delivered on aug 12.. if it comes I probably can bring it, may be I would be able to check out cool headphones with it .. But, I am not a hard-core audiophile.. just a music lover, is it ok if I join (if I can make it) ?

Aug 7, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #213 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoeseal
i am not sure at this point if I'll make it, but I just ordered iAudio X5.. scheduled to be delivered on aug 12.. if it comes I probably can bring it, may be I would be able to check out cool headphones with it .. But, I am not a hard-core audiophile.. just a music lover, is it ok if I join (if I can make it) ?

Of course you can come!
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #214 of 391
I just discovered this site last week. I've been visiting often to read about head-fi. You guys are serious about hearing your tunes the best way possible. I'm a semi serious hometheater guy so I don't have any portable gear. But I'm getting very curious.

I was going to the tofu festival this wekend but maybe I should check out this audio gig instead. I just registered for this reason, so please send me the info.

Quick tip- the magazine absolute sound on newstands now has portable gear reviewed. Next month they will focus on headphones.

Aug 8, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #217 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
I think having a two day meet will decrease turnout for each day.

Are we expecting more people to come on Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday will probably have the largest number of people attending.

I expect Sunday to be fewer people, but it will allow everyone there to focus more on critical listening.

I am going both days because I will probably be socializing more than listening on the first day, critical listening the second day.

Quote:

I'm also disappointed to see no Sony headphones on the list.

-Matt

Take a closer look at the list.
wink.gif

Curious that no one in SoCal has an SA5000?

-Ed

Aug 8, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #219 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Curious that no one in SoCal has an SA5000?

I can bring my SA5000.....I didnt include it originally in the list because I assumed someone else would be bringing one....
blink.gif
... doesnt seem to be that rare of a phone!

Aug 8, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #220 of 391
I will not be receiving the new Woo Audio 4 for a demo. I was informed that the amp weighs in excess of 30 lbs. so I was not comfortable having it shipped and transporting it. Not that I can't lift 30 lbs
cool.gif
it's just that I fear anything happening to it in terms of damage. I would not be able to cover any charges in such an event. Besides, with the recent addition of Ray Samuels in attendance, I figured we would have enough amps to play with. I apologize if anyone was anxious to audition the new amp from Woo Audio.

I am still trying to get demos of Cesar's new Portaphile line-up to the meet. It's looking good if I can get the amps shipped in before this weekend. This should be of interest to anyone looking for a high quality portable amp but not looking to spend $300+ for the HeadAmp AE-1, RSA Hornet, SR-71, or Xin SuperMacro.

Aug 8, 2005 at 10:52 PM Post #222 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood

Take a closer look at the list.
wink.gif

-Ed

Excuse me, I failed to qualify my remark with "affordable."

I do not intend to purchase an MDR-R10, ever.

The Sony MDR-SA5000 interest me very much, though.

-Matt

Aug 8, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #223 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Who else is bringing food? It wouldn't be very nice of us to completely empty their vending machines...

We could always wait until we get there, assess the food storage and prep capabilities, then take up a collection and make a snack run. That said, I can probably bring homemade Guacamole, but not sure how long it'll last out of the fridge.

Aug 8, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #224 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Excuse me, I failed to qualify my remark with "affordable."

I do not intend to purchase an MDR-R10, ever.

The Sony MDR-SA5000 interest me very much, though.

-Matt

I have a pair of Sony ear buds I could bring if you'd like.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Aug 9, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #225 of 391
If all goes well,

I should have the Go Vibe 3 in hand with both opamps, we can compare them with the other high end portables out there, sadly, I no longer have an AE-1
it'll be a battle of the budget vs Goliath! Cant wait to hear the hornet.

If shipping is on time, I should also have a revised version of my senn cable for listening, completely overhauled from the one sent to the atlanta meet.
So anyone with a senn aftermarket cable, please bring, i want to listen to them myself personally.

and various RCA interconnects Ive made, NOT for sale, as all these were experiments, should be fun to see the reactions of some. ahem,... my super fat cable lol.

and of course the sky blue mini, my demo cardas head phone cable turned mini cable, and maybe some from my Solar line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back