SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Aug 3, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #181 of 391
Yes, it's pretty much bring your own monitor.

I am already bringing my PS Audio P300, so I really only want to bring one monitor.

Unless you want to help me bring my 19" LCD, Aaron.
wink.gif

-Ed

Aug 4, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #183 of 391
Hi freinds...
I am considering another trip to SoCal meet, I was there 2 years ago & loved it. If there is a place for one more headphone/amp junkie, I would like to attend. I would need some help though, as to what airport would be the closest to the meet? I might need some help, if available, with the boxes of the amps. If I am invited I will bring all my amps including the little Hornet.
If some one brings a turntable, I will bring the new phono stage XR-10B also.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Aug 4, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #184 of 391
Ray,

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we would love to have you there. John Wayne Airport would be the closest to the meet location, not LAX. I would offer to pick you up, but I'm afraid my little Civic hatchback cannot hold your headphone amps and gear.
frown.gif

I would love to hear your highly anticipated "The Hornet" as well as your phono stage. Hope to see you there!

Aug 4, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #185 of 391
Borat, I can help you carry Ray's Amps. I have a 01 civic coupe and there's quite a bit of trunk space. If Ray can tell us when he will be landing, I'm sure me and you can both meet at the air port, pick him up, and carry the stuff to LFF's office
cool.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #186 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi freinds...
I am considering another trip to SoCal meet, I was there 2 years ago & loved it. If there is a place for one more headphone/amp junkie, I would like to attend. I would need some help though, as to what airport would be the closest to the meet? I might need some help, if available, with the boxes of the amps. If I am invited I will bring all my amps including the little Hornet.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Yes, please join us, you were a riot to have last time,
biggrin.gif
and we'd love to have you again!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #189 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yes, it's pretty much bring your own monitor.

I am already bringing my PS Audio P300, so I really only want to bring one monitor.

Unless you want to help me bring my 19" LCD, Aaron.
wink.gif

-Ed

Well that entirely depends... If I have to swing north for Devin and Asterix, I'm not going to want to head down to San Pedro too. If someone else from the can grab them on the way through then it's no problem at all.

BTW, Sugarfried from Shure appologized for not being able to make it and is sending me a care pack of foamies so that everyone will be able to try various IEMs if they'd like to.

Hey Ed, I didn't see the EB's on the equipment list, did you send them back?

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #190 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi freinds...
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Ray -- if you need a ride from John Wayne Airport (SNA) or any other assistance, PM me and I can help out any way that I can!

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:50 AM Post #191 of 391
Someone in another thread was kind enough to alert me to this thread....

I can bring anything in my sig below, most likely of interest and not redundant from others bringing them would be:
Offramp Turbo
TurboMod'd DAC1
balanced PS-1
balanced HD650
possibly Grover Ultimate Reference if I receive them by then
Gilmore Reference?
probably not SR-71 since I assume Ray is bringing several of those
biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up, looking forward to it!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #194 of 391
Thanks for the warm welcome from those who pmed me or posted on this thread. I got my flight booked, I will be attending your meet, both Saturday & Sunday. I would like to know for sure if there is going to be a turntable at the meet, if not, there is no reason to bring the XR-10B over. Please let me know.
I will be coming Friday night & leave Monday morning. May be we can go as a group out to check out the beautiful Valley girls & go for a dinner, please don't let my wife know that I said so, Well, she is in Poland now, for another 3 weeks, so I am a bachlor.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Aug 4, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #195 of 391
This is shaping up to be an outstanding meet
waytogo.gif

Ed, if you can provide me with real first names to go with the usernames of attendees, I'd be happy to put the nametags together (assuming you don't already have this sorted, of course). Let me know.

Ray, great to hear you're going to join us! I've got a midsize SUV, so could carry just about anything you'd be bringing in. If you need a pack mule, shoot me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back