SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Aug 4, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #197 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson

Ed, if you can provide me with real first names to go with the usernames of attendees, I'd be happy to put the nametags together (assuming you don't already have this sorted, of course). Let me know.

Thanks, my printer is not working so well, so go for it!

As for everyone's real name? PM them to BRBJackson, guys. Or maybe everyone can write them on the nametag at the meet, their username printed ahead of time.

-Ed

Aug 4, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #198 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
May be we can go as a group out to check out the beautiful Valley girls & . . . .

Valley girls? Hey, man, this is "The OC"! We don't even let those Valley girls into the county.
eggosmile.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #200 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
LOL, we need to take Ray to Southern California beaches, I'm sure he'll love it. Be sure to bring your camera Ray
icon10.gif

haha, we should totally take a "field trip" to the beach with all our portables
cool.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #202 of 391
Ed,

List me as a "Maybe", too, pls. It'd have been a "Definite" but don't know plans yet (kids, summer, etc
smily_headphones1.gif
. If I come, I'd bring my modded (by Jon L.) K340.

Aug 5, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #203 of 391
As mentioned before, I will be bringing Empirical Audio Turbomodded Benchmark DAC1

and in this other thread in Dedicated Sources forum, there are many who are interested in a properly setup comparison between modded DAC1 and stock DAC1:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showp...7&postcount=18

Can someone bringing a DAC1 to the meet please confirm their interest in also setting up this comparison?
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #205 of 391
Ed, you can put my Porta Corda Mk II on the definite list, as it came back yesterday. Also, I forgot to add that I'll be bringing Super.fi 5 Pro's and Shure E3c's, along with AKG 240M's.

Aug 6, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #206 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Ed, you can put my Porta Corda Mk II on the definite list, as it came back yesterday. Also, I forgot to add that I'll be bringing Super.fi 5 Pro's and Shure E3c's, along with AKG 240M's.

Oh good, we'll have the whole Shure line there...
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #207 of 391
I see some speakers on 'maybe' list if a "separate room" can be found. Is this going to happen b/c in addition to headphones, a speaker setup will add more info about differences between modded DAC 1 vs. stock. I'm willing to bring my Marsh A200S amp if a speaker setup can happen.

BTW, could someone bring a 1/8" female to 1/4" male adapter? I only have 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter, which I'll bring for my SuperMacro v.3.

Aug 6, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #208 of 391
so who's on camera duty next week?

shall we have a designated photog? Ed!!!
tongue.gif

or just go free for all?

i'm still trying to figure out what I will have on hand for the meet.
I'm considering bringing a Marantz 2215 vintage integrated amp, if anyone is interested, for speakers, K1000, etc.

Also, I can bring a spare source (Marantz CD-17) if needed. I haven't recently checked the equipment list to see if it's actually needed....doh
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #209 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
I see some speakers on 'maybe' list if a "separate room" can be found. Is this going to happen b/c in addition to headphones, a speaker setup will add more info about differences between modded DAC 1 vs. stock. I'm willing to bring my Marsh A200S amp if a speaker setup can happen.

BTW, could someone bring a 1/8" female to 1/4" male adapter? I only have 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter, which I'll bring for my SuperMacro v.3.

Well, if we are doing speakers I'll bring my BX8s which should hook directly to the Benchmark.

Aug 7, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #210 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
so who's on camera duty next week?

shall we have a designated photog? Ed!!!
tongue.gif

or just go free for all?

i'm still trying to figure out what I will have on hand for the meet.
I'm considering bringing a Marantz 2215 vintage integrated amp, if anyone is interested, for speakers, K1000, etc.

Also, I can bring a spare source (Marantz CD-17) if needed. I haven't recently checked the equipment list to see if it's actually needed....doh
tongue.gif

I'll be bringing two cameras.

My Pentax *ist DS for all the pretty photos.
tongue.gif

Otherwise I think free for all is really the way to go.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back