SoCal Spring/Summer Meet?
Aug 9, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #241 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
Hmm Jasper why are you bringing a router? Are we going to have like a "mytunes' going on? Everyone 'sharing' their music files"? If so, let me know
evil_smiley.gif

I think I'll be taking the 5th right about now...

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #243 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
I haven't been playing a lot of starcraft lately, but I'm sure my Gosu Warcraft III skills will translate over well :p.

-Matt

LOL, how did you know that term, GOSU- god of starcraft union. That would be cool if we have like a 4 on 4 game going on.

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #244 of 391
Quote:

LOL, how did you know that term, GOSU- god of starcraft union. That would be cool if we have like a 4 on 4 game going on.

OK, we'll find a room for you guys, we'll be in the other room enjoying headphone gear.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #246 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
What happened to your AE-1?

-Matt
confused.gif

I returned it and got a go vibe 3 instead.

The ae-1 had a sound I that wasnt for me,
as I like to hear extension from both ends of the spectrum, the sound was very neutral, what it did was make the sound louder but didnt do anything special to my grados and akgs.

I guess my equipment wasnt up to snuff? plugging it into my sony PCDP line out, I did obssessive switching amps and unamps and they the most I got was an increase in volume and what I percieved to be a tiny bit less top end. though, this is just my opinion with my own ears.

as Ive read others with much better experiences, its quite possible that my PCDP was too lo fi for the amp, as others have claimed very good sound.

It was built very well, but I had issues with it clipping my akgs which were 600 ohms, (I shouldve had the gain set higher). In the end, I couldnt justify keeping it, as I didnt notice any big difference with an amps signal and an unamped signal, aside from the sound getting louder, and someone slight changed in the top end, which I couldnt say it was a good or bad change.

which is further proof that I probably have tin ears. I look forward to the raptor, as I have a feeling with its simple design and signature, it may have that punchiness I look for.

I guess I want colored sound, which is why I went with the go vibe, Ive been told its quick and punchy and I think it has extension. Ill post a review once I get the go vibe.

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #247 of 391
Quote:

Yes, just to demonstrate the hasu-ness of the other seven participants.
evil_smiley.gif

Don't know if I want to tote my big and NOISY tower, though...it might detract from the music.

-Matt

Aug 9, 2005 at 5:38 PM Post #248 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Who else is bringing food? It wouldn't be very nice of us to completely empty their vending machines...

Agreed. We should sign up for food.

and more importantly, we need to be sure to have enough POWER conditioners/strips/etc.

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #249 of 391
Hi everyone!!!
My apologies to all as I have not been here to post much. My great thanks to Ed for keeping all of you informed.

As you all know by now, I will be hosting this meet thanks to the support of my boss and his company and YES, it will be a two-day event. If any of you are coming in from out of town there are many hotels where you can stay at. If you would like a hotel recommendation please feel free to PM me or call me.

I have recently sent pictures to Ed so soon enough you should all be able to see what this place looks like.

Also, food is available nearby (Carl's Jr., McDonalds, Burger King, IHOP, etc) and Domino's is close by for delivery. Please bring at least $10.00 cash for food whether you plan to eat out or order in. This should be enough to cover a small dish at the nearby restaurants.

If you guys and gals have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Ed.

See you all soon,
LFF

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #251 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
Agreed. We should sign up for food.

and more importantly, we need to be sure to have enough POWER conditioners/strips/etc.

Post what we should bring, and we'll start signing up.
icon10.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #252 of 391
Quote:

Power:
PS Audio P300
PS Audio XStream Plus Cables (x2)
Quail Power Cables (x2)

IMO, we could use WAY WAY WAY more power related items than this.

I can bring a Monster PC1000, some PCs (including some Quails which may be for sale on the spot), and maybe my ONEAC.

If you've got powerstrips/line conditioners, bring them. We need to make sure we have enough places to plug items in.

Same for sources and switchboxes. Our amps need signals.

As for food, LFF made a great post (see above).
But from my meet-hosting experience, I think we could use lots of the following on hand:
Soda
Bottled Water
Wine
(some from berkeley will remember the Merlot + krispy kreme combo)

my 2 cents

Aug 9, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #253 of 391
Quote:

Originally Posted by nanahachi
IMO, we could use WAY WAY WAY more power related items than this.

I can bring a Monster PC1000, some PCs (including some Quails which may be for sale on the spot), and maybe my ONEAC.

If you've got powerstrips/line conditioners, bring them. We need to make sure we have enough places to plug items in.

Same for sources and switchboxes. Our amps need signals.

Yes, please speak up about which power components you will be bringing, folks. What Nananachi listed is all my stuff.

I will bring an extension cord and an el cheapo surge strip as well. I will only really have one or two extra power outlets to share on my P300.

-Ed

Aug 9, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #255 of 391
QUICK UPDATE:
We have access to a kitchen with sink, a microwave oven, a fridge and a vending machine and a water cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back