So you dont want me downloading music?
Aug 1, 2003 at 5:31 AM Post #46 of 54
well, if you are going to dig it up, say what you edited.
tongue.gif

if it was important and relative.

Aug 1, 2003 at 11:40 AM Post #47 of 54
this is all very silly, and no great lessons in life will be taught. thi swill just go on for a hundred posts and piss of more people thatn it informs, so with that in mind

Rule number 1: Pirate every Metalica almum and give them away to all your friends and family.

Rule number two: CD's are in fact not cheaper as the attached .pdf document earlier shows. Trust me, production costs are not what they were in the early eighties. I really must laugh at that one. Anyway CD's aren't even made in the US. Thank God for Nafta

Rule number three: Never bring up moral issues on a forum. There are too many people who will love to give their straight from God opinions.

Rule number four: IF YOU CAN"T BUY IT, YOU CANT AFFORD IT!!!! GIve me a break. Get a flipping job, or quite whining! Life never came to me on a silver platter. I worked my ass off for everything I got, CD's and all.

Rule Number Five: Never take anything you read on a forum personally.

With love in my heart,
Bill

Aug 1, 2003 at 10:15 PM Post #48 of 54
I would Mclaren only if this thread had been going on. However, I didn't realize it was so old because I did a search while having other browser windows open and didn't bother to look at the date of the posts. No sense in taking the skeletons back out of the closet.

Aug 3, 2003 at 11:05 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
My reason for "pirating" music is pretty simple: I'm ****ing sick of buying ****.

For the last year and a half or so I've only bought the occasional thing I haven't heard on MP3 or whatnot first. And I buy a lot of music.

It supports what's good and whittles out what's bad. Everyone wins.

- Chris

here here.. pretty much EVERYTHING i've been buying lately has been replacements for ****ty mp3's of albums that i love and downloaded before i got a job. I love the music and gladly pay for it.. but there's so much stuff recently that's just.... ****.. i download it.. listen to it once.. and promptly hit delete. there is no WAY i will buy something without listening to it unless i know for sure that it'll at least be half decent (e.g. Hallucinogen in dub.. i bought that album without a listen and don't regret it)

edit: whoops.. looks like this thread shoulda been buried.. oh well

Aug 4, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #50 of 54
You know, i was thinking...perhaps teenagers and younger kids should get discounts on CDs, no? Their income is nowhere near that of adults. A few CDs might bankrupt your average teenager. Why don't the record companies come up with a scheme where school-aged kids get a discount on albums?

Aug 4, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #51 of 54
Used CD shops are your buddy. Go visit one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #52 of 54
If you guys really want to pirate music use IRC. I'm sure you can find some wav files or high bitrate, well encoded MP3s there. I don't think the RIAA monitors it either.

Aug 5, 2003 at 1:10 PM Post #53 of 54
All newly released CDs cost SEK 179-199 in Sweden... (22-24 dollars). Classical is even more expensive with the Bach cello suites with Rostropovich costing approximately 50 dollars...
The US-prices are LOW... at least in comparison...

Aug 5, 2003 at 2:31 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by sephka
You know, i was thinking...perhaps teenagers and younger kids should get discounts on CDs, no? Their income is nowhere near that of adults. A few CDs might bankrupt your average teenager. Why don't the record companies come up with a scheme where school-aged kids get a discount on albums?

Because kids like me will start charging adults USD$2 bucks for every album that I get for them
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back