So...who's using Windows 7 right now?
Jun 11, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #137 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
windows 7 is pretty boss. I need to find time to format this computer (running the beta) and upgrade to the rc.

Got the same problem... the beta has been running so damn good that it's not really worth the trouble to re-install. Unfortunately the beta will stop working in a couple of weeks, so I don't have much choice
smily_headphones1.gif

Been thinking of buying a laptop for ages, but after using Windows 7 there's no way I'll be paying for Vista, I'm not ordering anything until they've released it.

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #138 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Sorry, I can not help it.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]ISP partly edited out for privacy reasons[/size]

Adds internet speed to list of reasons to move to Europe :p

I have played with windows 7 in Virtual Box, it is pretty nice, task bar still seems a little strange to me, I never used Vista so I would also have to learn UI but other than that it is pretty nice and Snappy for sharing 2GB of ram with OSX

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #139 of 164
Yeesh.. that is going hard on the interhighway..
Only the Scandinavians have those kinds of connections really.. I'm in The Netherlands pimping a 20Mbit down/1Mbit up
frown.gif

The only reason I haven't jumped onboard the Seven ship is because of the COD4 punkbuster issues..

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #143 of 164
Been using Beta 7000 since it first came out and I like it a lot; had issues installing my X-Fi USB sound card at first but I came across some hacked drivers which got me by until Creative released their own (which really didn't improve upon the hacked ones; they were very good hacks!). Guess I'll have to format in a couple weeks and install the RC...*sigh*. Also, that speed is redonculous!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's mine:

I regularly download upwards of 2 mb/s...good enough for me (and that's on wireless, with four other non-wireless people to compete with)

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #144 of 164
Bless all of you lab rats. I'm a wuss and stick to what's stable. Didn't Vista just get there in the last year or two??

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #146 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bless all of you lab rats. I'm a wuss and stick to what's stable. Didn't Vista just get there in the last year or two??

7 is stable.
regular_smile .gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #148 of 164
limited pre-orders for windows 7 upgrade have started and go on until July 11th, not a bad deal at 50% of retail price which brings home premium to $49 and pro to $99 respectively. Both 32 and 64bit versions are included on these discs.

Amazon.com
BestBuy.com

Engadget article

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #149 of 164
While I was planning on upgrading from Vista, I was going to wait at least a month or so just in case there are some issues that need to be worked out. With the pre-order price though, I'll probably order it now and just hold onto it for a few weeks before I do the install. I'm wondering if we'll see any discounted offers even below the pre-order price.

Jun 27, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #150 of 164
I just took the plunge. Does anyone know if I can install on two machines (we have two Vista and two XP machines in the house)? I'm going to leave the two XP machines (both Netbooks) alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back