So...who's using Windows 7 right now?
Feb 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #121 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Windows 7 SKUs announced: your worst nightmare has come to pass - Engadget

Holy beaver, six versions of Windows 7 to choose from. Of course, 99% of the population will be perfectly at ease with Home Premium. But still!
eek.gif

Five. Only large corporations will have access to Enterprise. Three if you count the fact that you won't have access to Starter or Home Basic.

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #123 of 164
I don't see what people find so complex about this... How can people not grasp the concept? Why are they having nightmares over it?
confused_face(1).gif
It's just sensationalist 'journalism'.

If you're in business there is only one option: Enterprise (volume licenses!)
If you have no money there is only one option: the one you get for free (Starter or Basic)
Almost everyone else has also only one option: Home Premium (and it is already installed!)

Only if you spend too much time behind your pc at home do the other options come into play. But then you should be able to figure out if you need the business options or plain everything, shouldn't you? BTW, I'm going for whatever gives me remote desktop and image backups (guessing Pro).

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #124 of 164
i thought w7 was great, but there are still some hardware issues to work out. for that reason i switched back to windows xp. i'm going to purcahase w7 when it launches though, i really liked how it looked on my comp

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #127 of 164
windows 7 is pretty boss. I need to find time to format this computer (running the beta) and upgrade to the rc.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #128 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
windows 7 is pretty boss. I need to find time to format this computer (running the beta) and upgrade to the rc.

does the rc make any known improvements over the beta? i have the rc but am hesitant to use it because i moved away from the beta

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #132 of 164
I'm running the RC. will33184, it is much better than the beta.. it's overall smoother and more polished, plus it resolved the few hardware compatibility issues I had with the beta.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #133 of 164
Downloaded Windows 7 x64 today at work (3.05 GB in 4 minutes
smile.gif
).
Not installed it yet though, but plan to give it a go through VMware Fusion...

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #134 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Downloaded Windows 7 x64 today at work (3.05 GB in 4 minutes
smile.gif
).
Not installed it yet though, but plan to give it a go through VMware Fusion...

I hate you and your internet connection
tongue_smile.gif

Sidenote: Am loving windows seven. The occasional bug, but really, nothing to write home about. less buggy than XPsp3 or Vista (for me anyway)

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #135 of 164
^ Sorry, I can not help it.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]ISP partly edited out for privacy reasons[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back