So... What are your portable systems like?
Dec 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #17 of 127
I agree - for a lot of high-end IEMs, portable amps really aren't worth the bulk. The ES2 sounds good enough unamped that I don't need to bother.

I do think that you can have very good sound on the move, though the DAP will of course always be the biggest limiting factor. Still, thus far, good portable sound usually means a trip to the audiologist. Universal-fit IEMs just can't cut it.

Dec 8, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1G iPod nano -> iBuds

Not kidding!

I feel somehow... betrayed.
frown.gif

Sennheiser PMX200's > iRiver E10 for me, playing Q9 Ogg Vorbis files. I can't seem to beat the PMX's, they're just perfect as a portable for me, albeit they don't isolate very much.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #23 of 127
Btw I thought I would just throw in there; while I like my UE11s, and I think they sound quite good I do ultimately regret the purchase. They're not that great that they make me stop wondering about other things and the money is completely sunk. Probably should have saved the money to start putting towards a nice home stax setup. Thought I would say something for the benefit of those who may be considering them since due to the fact that users are stuck with these I think totally honest reviews are ever rarer than usual.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #24 of 127
I'm in the "iPod + IEM" camp. Either the Shuffle or Classic with either the 530's, ER4B's or SF 5 Pros. Sold one amp and, come to think of it, the other one's in the classifieds somewhere.

Maybe I should bump it from the dead.

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #26 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel somehow... betrayed.
frown.gif

Why? Because my portable rig is not in par with my stationary one.. ?
Well, I miss a IEM with noise isolation. But apart from that a simple iPod -> earphone is plenty for my portable needs.

No serious listening on the road anyway..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back