So my best friends getting married...
May 12, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
chris de burgh - lady in red..

That one has already been claimed with authority by the bridesmaids. So it's a no go for the bride and groom.

I'm a real fan of the Zeppelin, but so far it appears that Mr Clapton and Wonderful Tonight has taken the early lead. I wish these two just had a "song"... but no dice. Keep the suggestions coming! I'm going to be queueing up some Van Morrison for them tomorrow, along with some of the other ones you guys have posted that I have in my CD rotation for an audition for the happy couple. Well, other than the "stalker" ones obviously.
tongue.gif

May 12, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
Cannibal Corpse - The Pick-Axe Murders

LMAO

May 12, 2005 at 7:38 AM Post #19 of 24
Oh my gosh!!! I just Googled "wedding first dance songs" and you would be amazed. I'm not even going to include the link because I don't want to waste everyone's time. What an industry the whole wedding thing has become...

May 12, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #21 of 24
Go with a jazz standard like Night & Day. You can't go wrong and they are easy to dance to.

May 23, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch
I thought "Careless Whisper" was a Wham! song. Oh well. But either way, isn't that song about a one night stand gone wrong, or something like that?

yeh but george michael was the only voice in it, and i like wham and george michael but george michael's solo stuff more so i put that. :]

May 24, 2005 at 11:22 AM Post #24 of 24
Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
Amy Grant - Lucky One
Garth Brooks - Wrapped Up In You
Hayley Westenra - Beat of Your Heart
LeAnn Rimes - Some People (Take a serious look at this one, very fitting for a wedding song)
Martina McBride - Valentine
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Norah Jones - The Nearness of You
Peter Cetera - The Last Place God Made
Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
Sade - Your Love is King
Sade - Kiss of Life
Santana w/Dave Mathews - Love of My Life
Sarah Brightman - Heaven is Already Here
Sarah McLachlan - Ice Cream
The Cure - Love Song
George Strait - Check Yes or No
Jennifer Love Hewitt - You Make Me Smile
Mandy Moore - Only Hope

A couple other songs that I liked off the latest Boyz II Men - Throwback album... I know you don't really want Boyz II Men but they did a pretty good job remaking these songs and you can always use someone elses version of the songs if you prefer: For the Love of You; You Make Me Feel Brand New

Users who are viewing this thread

Back