So many choices, so limited budget :D
Apr 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #31 of 37

Quote:

Then obviously it boosts bass. But I'd recommend not to go for that. What if you plan to change your IEMs later?  

I hope you remembered to turn down the volume then!
tongue_smile.gif

*Remembers time when I left an iPod touch at half volume w/o limit b/c of headphone with low sensitivity...Followed by plugging in TF10s*.
Yeah. Did not prepare for the moment of extreme volume.

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #32 of 37
I dont tink I will upgrade IEMs for a very long time after I get this pair. I will have a 600pw mortgage to pay off soon so im spending my overtime money on myself until my house is built lol.

So should I abandon the E5 idea? I have a fiio e10 I believe for my laptop to improve my shures and im happy with the result.

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #33 of 37
If you feel you're ok with your current setup then no point in upgrading.

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #34 of 37
I dont tink I will upgrade IEMs for a very long time after I get this pair. I will have a 600pw mortgage to pay off soon so im spending my overtime money on myself until my house is built lol.

So should I abandon the E5 idea? I have a fiio e10 I believe for my laptop to improve my shures and im happy with the result.

In the case you won't wanna upgrade you wanna make sure you pick the right pair then! As for e5 it's only cheap so you could pick one up but I don't think it's necessary! Could you not have the e10 as portable as well if it comes to it!

Apr 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #35 of 37
Didnt realise the e10 could be used as a portable too.i purchased it for my laptop lol.
Would I have to buy a generic line out cable? As the usb and headphones are input only.

I agree, id much prefer great IEMs now as affording ones down the track will be hard.
I like the samsung k3 and would only upgrade if an amp wouldnt b suitable or if another player would have significant sound improvement..if not, im happy just getting new IEMs :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #36 of 37

Quote:
Didnt realise the e10 could be used as a portable too.i purchased it for my laptop lol.
Would I have to buy a generic line out cable? As the usb and headphones are input only.
I agree, id much prefer great IEMs now as affording ones down the track will be hard.
I like the samsung k3 and would only upgrade if an amp wouldnt b suitable or if another player would have significant sound improvement..if not, im happy just getting new IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

You don't need a line out as the Samsung probably only supports the 3.5mm plug. The upgrade you can get is perhaps the iPod with a line out dock.

Apr 21, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #37 of 37
if you like the sound of your e10 I doors you can always take it out (if you don't find it to big) with you but ynh you might not find that you need to! And in the unfortunate case that all of them don't work out you can always get an e5 but I doubt that would happen!

By the way I don't own an e10 an I'm only going by what I've read that it'd be portable and has a 3.5mm Line in and a 3.5mm line out in which of course you can use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back