So I'm going to China this summer...
May 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

clarinetman

500+ Head-Fier
I'm going to China this summer with a youth symphony I auditioned for, and I'm wondering if there are any headphone hi-fi shops to visit in the Hong Kong/Guangzou/Guilin/Beijing/Shanghai areas. I know there is Head-Direct, but to my knowledge there's no storefront and only a factory. Any other places around? It would be nice to get some excellent equipment at dirt cheap prices!

Also, so far I'm liking the new Head-Fi! Props to Jude and other admin.

May 6, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #3 of 9
May 6, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 9
In China, yes, it's a big country. In Hong Kong retail is king, because we're a small jurisdiction and it's very convenient to get around. There's more info on Hong Kong if you do a head-fi search, I'd also hit those stores in the underground mall... msg back if you can't find it in the forum history. (edit) Little Dot also just opened an audition room in Beijing, can't remember where it is... Bring some nice CD's, they won't always have what you want to listen to and you can't always buy it locally. But don't expect 'dirt cheap' - and a bit better is all you'll likely get. Seriously, don't worry so much headphones - too much to see, too much to do IMO 

May 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
If you are going to be in HK, some of these stores might worth a visit: KingSound, Mingo, Forever Source Digital.

that's about it.  those are the shops i usually go.  do a search and you'll get more details.

May 6, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #6 of 9
If this will be the first time you'll be visiting China I think you'll have plenty of other things to do and experience besides looking at headphones.

Audio gear you can get shipped in from anywhere; the sights,culture, and experience you can only get actually being there. 

May 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Yea, I mean, if it's your last day in Beijing and you're deciding between whether to hit Little Dot or just to wander around Hutongs, I'd wander. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back