So I think I'm Going to Buy An iMac
Apr 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #61 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As many diehard PC fans around here I"m surprised they have not made you an offer.

I probably wouldn't entertain any offers unless they were local (Harrisburg and surrounding area) because I really don't feel like trying to box that bad boy and ship it.

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #62 of 104
One application you might enjoy if you're worried about temperature is SMCFancontrol, Jiggly. It lts you toggle between different fan profiles, so you can cool the thing down if it really needs it.

I don't particularly like mine getting hot either, and it's a lifesaver.

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #63 of 104
I used to do that to play some PC Games.. it's far cheaper to game on the console nowadays, albeit the control scheme sucks for FPS and RTS.

So, how are you liking iLife apps?
smily_headphones1.gif

The new iPhoto is awesome..

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #64 of 104
Have a play around OSX and explore. Set applications to different spaces. I have the spaces shortcut set to bottom left corner of the screen so with a swipe of the mouse on iMac, or touchpad on Macbook I am there

Do you have a decent mouse? I have the Logitech VX Revolution and soon to add MX Revolution. Much better than the Mighty Mouse and it allows for shortcuts galore

This is a neat little app : Lighthead - Caffeine
Very useful for video watching as you do not need to keep going into preferences

Hunt out those menubar programs. I have gmail notifier and this weather one:
SourceForge.net: Meteorologist: Screenshots

There are loads of iTunes controllers out there but I have stuck with this alternative: Download iTunesVolume for Mac - iTunes volume controller and more. MacUpdate Mac Audio Software Downloads
Does not sit in menu bar but I love it

Apr 13, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #65 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to do that to play some PC Games.. it's far cheaper to game on the console nowadays, albeit the control scheme sucks for FPS and RTS.

So, how are you liking iLife apps?
smily_headphones1.gif

The new iPhoto is awesome..

I haven't played around too much with iLife yet. All I've really done is set iPhoto to be used to import photos from my digital camera. I tried tinkering with Garage Band a little bit but didn't get very far with it. The majority of my time was spent copying my iTunes library from my file server to the iMac.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #70 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first thing I noticed was how much I hated the mighty mouse.

Yeah, the mighty mouse is the personification of suck. But I'm too lazy to dig out my good mouse at the moment. I'll manage.

Apr 13, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #71 of 104
x2 about wireless keyboard + trackpad.

I like the mighty mouse. The 360' scroller helps a lot for scrolling around documents.
For expose´ functions, I assign them to screen (1920x1200) corners.
I have long fingers, so I don't get the clicking errors many people complain about cause I almost always hit them near the edge.

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #74 of 104
When you do get a 3rd party mouse, don't forget to download USB overdrive. Mousing with USB drive is 100 times better than w/o.

Apr 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #75 of 104
But why would you pay for a commercial controller when 99% of mice come with their own free software and/or drivers? I first used my Logitech VX Revolution on my HP business notebook, but installing it on my iMac, the Logitech Control Centre is actually superior in some respects in the OSX version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back