So I think I'm Going to Buy An iMac
Apr 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #91 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Jiggly: Why don't you download the iWork trial and find out?
I think iWork is GREAT if you don't need to interoperate with other MS Office users, which is one of its weakness. It can import\export MS Office files but not at 100% compatibility, especially on the more 'complex' files. This is also true with OpenOffice.

Yeah, I figured out the hard way that OpenOffice isn't 100% compatible with Office-generated documents.

But to get back on point, I didn't even realize that there was a free iWork trial. Just never looked hard enough I suppose. I think I'll check it out and assess the capabilities.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #94 of 104
If you take your receipt into the store within 14 days they should be able to give it you for the discounted price ($50).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was? I wish the salesman would've told me that.

Jun 15, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #95 of 104
djren12-albums-stuff-picture2680-img-0407.jpg

I love my new baby!!

Jun 15, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #96 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Djren12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
djren12-albums-stuff-picture2680-img-0407.jpg

I love my new baby!!

Nice. I felt kind of strange walking through the mall with a ginormous iMac box when I bought mine. But it was totally worth it.

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #99 of 104
Quote:

The 24" was heavy, I actually stopped to rest.

nice machine. my mom has a 24" imac and she loves it (watches tv on it, too)...still getting by on my first-gen 20" intel imac at home, but it doesn't feel old after three+ years.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #102 of 104
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/members/djren12-albums-stuff-picture2680-img-0407.jpg

I love my new baby!!

Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

The iMac is a nice computer for sure..

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #103 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by gadgetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heya Jiggly, how's your switch so far?
What's good, what's bad... and what's ugly
smily_headphones1.gif

So far the switch has been excellent. I really haven't gotten too in depth with OS X, but then again I haven't really had to either. The main thing I need to do is learn OS X keyboard shortcuts. Once I've got those down I'll be really set. But so far I have absolutely no complaints.

Jun 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #104 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far the switch has been excellent. I really haven't gotten too in depth with OS X, but then again I haven't really had to either. The main thing I need to do is learn OS X keyboard shortcuts. Once I've got those down I'll be really set. But so far I have absolutely no complaints.

I probably use apple + "[" shortcut (previous page) more than anything. Right next to that would be apple + "w" for closing down tabs in my browser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back