So I Preordered the iPhone 3G S
Jun 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know why, but I feel dirty for some reason. Of course, my actions spit in the face of logic, as I don't really need a smartphone and I've got a contract with Verizon, but I guess the lure of the iPhone was too much. Then again, my iMac impulse buy worked out very well so here's hoping that the iPhone turns out the same way.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 42
My next business trip will be the true test (for me, at least) of the iPhone's capabilities and usefulness. The last time I took my laptop, my iPod and my cell phone along. This time I plan only to take the iPhone and see where that gets me.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 42
Jun 15, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 42
the omnia may be good, but the os on the system holds it back. the new os 3.0 is the real killer for the 3gs, not the machine itself. i would love an iphone or an android, but in korea, there still are no such options. it is funny listening to others complain about too much apple where here it is too much cowon and iriver!

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #6 of 42
Yeah, even with the shells, winmo appears outdated. And windows mobile 7 just looks like more of the same.

Do you guys own a jailbroken iphone/ipod? How does it compare to other smartphones?

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #8 of 42
I preordered a 32GB Iphone. I tried to fight the urge but the urge won
frown.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 42
Oh man, if you've never owned a smartphone before the iPhone will blow you away.

Let me rephrase that: Even if you've owed a smartphone before, the iPhone will blow you away.

Sold my iPhone 3G and it's been complete hell for the past week. Hopefully, I'll have a new 32GB iPhone 3GS this Friday.

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #11 of 42
I would have preordered, but I have to wait a few more weeks to pass the one year mark from the 3G upgrade. I really want the 3GS, though. I'm a fairly heavy user (using it right now even
smily_headphones1.gif
) and a faster proc and more memory would be helpful.

For those of you who haven't used an iPhone, they're wonderful. Back when the original came out, I thought there was no way I'd pay $600 for a phone. (Didn't think I'd pay $1,400 for a pair of headphones, either!
wink.gif
) Then I hit the Apple Store, used one for ten minutes, then went and handed over my credit card.

I'll probably upgrade every year from now on. The iPhone is one toy I can't live without.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #13 of 42
I just wish I didn't sit on the fence for as long as I did about preordering. I have my doubts that I'm going to get mine in time for Friday. I just hope I have it by early next week because I have a wedding in Ohio to attend and I'll be out of town pretty much all next week.

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #14 of 42
I am in the process of trying to convince myself into getting an iPhone 3G S. If I don't plan to put any media on the phone, is there any reason to get the 32 GB model? I mean, how many apps can I fit on the 16 GB model?

I have my classic 160GB iPod and, they way I spend my day, it's not difficult to carry both with me so the iPhone would only be used for telephony, data, and apps.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #15 of 42
If you're not putting any media on it, you'll have an ample amount of storage. Apps are extremely tiny in space. Most games only take about 2-30mbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in the process of trying to convince myself into getting an iPhone 3G S. If I don't plan to put any media on the phone, is there any reason to get the 32 GB model? I mean, how many apps can I fit on the 16 GB model?

I have my classic 160GB iPod and, they way I spend my day, it's not difficult to carry both with me so the iPhone would only be used for telephony, data, and apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back