So I Preordered the iPhone 3G S
Jun 16, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 42
Hey Jiggly when did you order? I ordered June 11 through Apple. I checked my order status. To my surprise my 32GB Iphone has shipped via UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jiggly when did you order? I ordered June 11 through Apple. I checked my order status. To my surprise my 32GB Iphone has shipped via UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I ordered mine on June 13 via the AT&T Wireless website. I called and tried to cancel my order earlier this afternoon, but it couldn't be cancelled. Apparently my order has gone on to the warehouse for shipping, or something to that effect. Hopefully this means my phone will ship either tomorrow or Thursday, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #20 of 42
I have nothing to add other than I picked up the older 3G and couldn't be happier, I love how a single letter can drop the price of a previous model
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #21 of 42
My dad was thinking about buying us the old 8/16GBs before they ran out of stock. I voted against it because as nice as it is, I hate typing on it. My friend let me try hers for a bit and it was near impossible for me to type on. Tactile buttons just feel right. I'd probably cave the minute they release one with a keyboard.They are fun though. The mandatory data plans are somewhat of a turn off though. If I can find a jailbroken 3G one for $200 in December I'll consider it though.

The TP2 looks mighty tempting though...

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #22 of 42
eagerly awaiting my 3GS...pre-ordered the 32GB white one at the apple store, but will stand in line friday morning to pick it up (it's more fun that way)
wink.gif
been happily using my first-gen 16GB for the last year and a half, so the thought of gps, 3G, video, better camera, and all the goodies in software 3.0 is freakin' awesome.

i'm especially looking forward to the various turn-by-turn apps that tomtom, navigon, and others will supply. will be traveling in australia/nz next month and having a turn by turn gps (that doesn't require using data) will be very useful.

at&t certainly dropped the ball in more ways than one...but my biggest gripe is that they're charging BOTH an $18 upgrade fee and an $18 activation fee. What? i understand the upgrade fee (sort of)...but the activation fee? i can activate it at home. and they're crying about all the data we use? if i have the choice to use 3G or wi-fi, i'm going to use 3G...just to spite at&t.

btw, if anyone's from the phoenix/tempe area, i'll be at the chandler fashion center store friday morning...bright and early!

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #25 of 42
just picked mine up...and syncing. got to the mall at 4:30 and was let in by the security guard...the apple store was already loud and lit - employees were all there getting ready. i was first in line...and though they were officially supposed to open at 7, they let us in at 6:20. very cool...i you pre-ordered on apple's website, they had phones reserved for you with your name on them (a label on the box, not your name on the actual phone)...

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #27 of 42
Eagerly waiting for the iPhone 3GS to appear in the stores...
Cause I seriously consider getting one, but need to see it in person and find out how much they will charge. Both for the phone and the call services.

Jun 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #28 of 42
Well, call services will be the same regardless of phone, but the deal breaker is often the data plan, and an iphone without a data plan is basically useless.

iphone has the apps, and just based on this has every other smart phone beaten. Maybe even more important is the fact that the appstore makes it easy to find, pay for, and download the apps. Unless something comes out that makes all the developers jump ship, new hardware from other handset makers ain't going to change anything.

Jun 19, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, call services will be the same regardless of phone, but the deal breaker is often the data plan, and an iphone without a data plan is basically useless.

iphone has the apps, and just based on this has every other smart phone beaten. Maybe even more important is the fact that the appstore makes it easy to find, pay for, and download the apps. Unless something comes out that makes all the developers jump ship, new hardware from other handset makers ain't going to change anything.

The data plan with the original iPhone was $20.00/month which included 200 text messages. With the new iPhone the data plan is $30/month and you have to pay $5.00/month extra for the text messages. I agree the Apps make the difference. I was late in my appreciation for the Apps and the App store. However, now I keep deleting music from the iPod to make room for Apps. The extra room on the 3GS is a big selling point for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back