So I needed a headphone stand....
Jun 25, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by twoears&oneheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like sewage pipes inspired art there...

with the wannabe exotic feel with the chipwood materials...

anyway, most headphone stands i see are ugly, exception to the aluminium one from woo, so i guess yours is like the rest.

Hey, to each his own. I was stuck with puddling my phones on a shelf and needed a solution that matched my furnishings and didn't take too long to come up with. The Woo is cool, (I like their stuff, a GES is inbound at the moment) but having a half dozen of those laying around didn't make sense or match my furnishings and aluminum fabrication at home wasn't in the cards.

So the sewage pipes it was and that leaves me time to upgrade the caps in my ancient 300sei, recable the ESP-950s, collect 6SL7s for the Zana Deux...plus work my full time job
smily_headphones1.gif

Joe S

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have a beautiful house too.
biggrin.gif

I noticed that too, it made me cringe when I saw that he was using glazes and such on top of that granite counter top. He was also using a hole cuter on top of ceramic tile flooring. My wife would kill me if I attempted anything like that in the kitchen. Either way it looks like he was careful and ended up with a very nice stand.

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #33 of 38
That stand is folking superb! It looked fine even in the first post but it went to its power with the finishing! :drool:

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by kejar31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed that too, it made me cringe when I saw that he was using glazes and such on top of that granite counter top. He was also using a hole cuter on top of ceramic tile flooring. My wife would kill me if I attempted anything like that in the kitchen. Either way it looks like he was careful and ended up with a very nice stand.

Heh, heh. Water based glazes and what you couldn't see was a loose buffer tile under the base when I drilled that hole.

Disclaimer: No granite or Italian tile was harmed during the making of this stand.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Joe S

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Disclaimer: No granite or Italian tile was harmed during the making of this stand.....
smily_headphones1.gif

But what about the poor copper trees that were chopped down?
biggrin.gif

(Awesome stand, by the way...)

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #38 of 38
Gorgeous wood color, nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back