So I got my Fiio E6 in the mail like twenty minutes ago.
Dec 17, 2011 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

100+ Head-Fier
Now, I'm not really all that much of an audiophile, I'm more about the portable rig, and even my current headphones arent very good (Sony Giiqs. I used to have DJ-RPS400s from Panasonic, but I refunded those cause they kept breaking to get my first real decent set of phones. The MDRV6 :) It's getting shipped to me soon.), but wow, when I plugged this E6 in, It feels like I bought 3 other headphones for 20 bucks. and I'm not screwing with you. The differences in each mode are so distinct! But I got a few questions first.

First, what are your favourite EQ modes? The red one? Blue one? Purple one? (sorry, I dont know them by number, I did just get this 20 minutes ago...)

Second, how do you know when it's done charging? I got it 20 minutes ago and played it for a few minutes to try out the different modes, but iturned it off and now it's charging on my computer with the red light on. The manual doesnt say how, but how do I tell when it's battery is 100% and that I should take it off the charger?

Thirdly, whats the best LOD I can get for it? My devices are a computer/laptop and Apple iPhone :) Best LODs?

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 22
Also, if anyone is reading this and thikning I'm a complete newblet that doesnt know what an EQ is, that's a bit untrue. I've changed the EQ on the source (both laptop and iPhone) many times, but they never seem to grab at the level of distinction this amp does. It could be the fact that the amp turns the 30mW (from iPhone. Not sure how much from laptop) to 150mW. Much better :)

Edit: So if I put the amp on the red mode, put my laptop volume all the way up and the amp volume all the way up my speakers crackle badly... :frowning2: Thats probably bad xD Good thing I'm in a nice cool area so I could'nt of damaged them

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 22
Once the battery is full, the red light will turned off. For first change, it might take an hour or two,

You can get a FiiO LOD for your iP4 (though I am not sure if it will work or not). You don't really need anything expensive. As for laptop, there is no LOD for PC.

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #10 of 22
iP4 = iPhone 4... He said there is no LOD for PC :/ Misinterpretation? And okay, what is the BEST LOD for my iPhone 3G? THe fiio one? I heard theres this company called qables that makes one? Not sure, I dont know much at all about LODs, any help? :)

Quote:
Why wouldn't an LOD made for Apple devices work with the iPhone 4? The L9 LOD works just fine with my 4S.

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #11 of 22
I didn't say it won't work, just that I am not sure if it will work or not - the reasoning is simple: every once in a while, Apple changes a tiny bit in the dock connector to stop unauthorized accessories maker from making accessories that didn't apply for Apple certification program. Since I haven't played with iP4, I can't be sure, and thus I say so.

Dec 18, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
I didn't say it won't work, just that I am not sure if it will work or not - the reasoning is simple: every once in a while, Apple changes a tiny bit in the dock connector to stop unauthorized accessories maker from making accessories that didn't apply for Apple certification program. Since I haven't played with iP4, I can't be sure, and thus I say so.

Fiio isnt part of that program? :S Weird.

Anyway, any idea about the 3G????

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #15 of 22

Quote:
Because I'm a broke little highschool kid who cant afford E17s but wanted more power :wink: Thats mainly why, plus it had great reviews and portability is a need, and this E6 is the best portability there is.

Hey. FiiO makes some awesome stuff. And it's good your getting into quality audio soon. Trust me, you'll learn to appreciate your ears a lot more than you used to. I know I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back