so does everyone here use foobar2000 ?
Apr 12, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mustbe the only one using WMP 11, any reason why?

foobar is way over my head, i cant even get skins to work

itunes i hate

media jukebox is a cut down player

winamp is ok but i just dont like the way it looks

Cause i don't think WMP11 can output to ASIO or Kernal Streaming, but I'm not 100% sure.

Apr 13, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #62 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael.Warrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
possibly, but that's not the reason it's unstable for me -- directsound output works fine but when using ASIO or KS it's just not stable... and i wasn't using visuals anyways

Oh, so you're using XP rather than Vista? I didn't realize ASIO had a negative effect on some programs.

Apr 13, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron5604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't realize ASIO had a negative effect on some programs.

Not if the card actually supports ASIO and has custom ASIO drivers. Most people around here are using the ASIO4All hack if they're using ASIO at all, and it's not equivalent to the real thing in terms of speed and compatibility.

Apr 13, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron5604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, so you're using XP rather than Vista? I didn't realize ASIO had a negative effect on some programs.

Yeah I have XP. I'm not sure, all I know is that when i use the default it's stable, but when i use ASIO it's extremely buggy, when i use Kernal Streaming it's sluggish and has some minor bugs

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not if the card actually supports ASIO and has custom ASIO drivers. Most people around here are using the ASIO4All hack if they're using ASIO at all, and it's not equivalent to the real thing in terms of speed and compatibility.

I tried both already and they're both buggy.

(asio4all and the native sound card asio)

Apr 13, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

I tried both already and they're both buggy.

(asio4all and the native sound card asio)

Winamp doesn't natively support ASIO, and the plug-in is known to be buggy. I just meant that for applications that do natively support ASIO, ASIO4All doesn't always function as well as card-specific ASIO drivers.

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Winamp doesn't natively support ASIO, and the plug-in is known to be buggy. I just meant that for applications that do natively support ASIO, ASIO4All doesn't always function as well as card-specific ASIO drivers.

gotcha

Apr 13, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #67 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been happy with iTunes.

I don't use EQ at all. If something doesn't sound right, it's a problem with the equipment or recording.

Alot of of us are bypassing commercial material all together. Many Many of us have hours upon hours of raw never mastered music. And for that you need to EQ.

If you think any of your RBCD's were never EQ'ed prior to pressing you are wrong.

Apr 13, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #68 of 72
is it just me or is there a slight discrepancy in tempo in foobar2000?

The songs sound a titch slower

Apr 13, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #69 of 72
Quote:

is it just me or is there a slight discrepancy in tempo in foobar2000?

The songs sound a titch slower

If that were true then my foobar output wouldn't be decoded by my reciever on DTS & HDCD encoded material.

Apr 13, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #70 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that were true then my foobar output wouldn't be decoded by my reciever on DTS & HDCD encoded material.

could be the ASIO on this machine.

Apr 13, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Cause i don't think WMP11 can output to ASIO or Kernal Streaming, but I'm not 100% sure.

ok, i dont know what that is anyway so it doenst matter for me i guess

Apr 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #72 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, i dont know what that is anyway so it doenst matter for me i guess

Oh good, I'm not the only one who sometimes feels "built a little too low to the ground", as in some of this stuff just goes right over my head
tongue.gif

I use wmp myself. I've looked at foobar and my head starts spinning just reading the instructions/checking out the forum. Sometimes I think I'm just too old for some of this stuff - at least to be just trying to start to learn.

Winamp I had on my old (read Win98SE) computer and I don't recall it being exceptional. Of course, then it kind of went away and wmp took over as default player for windows. May have to look at getting winamp again just to see what differences there are. Plus my broadcasting software I just found out can use some of the DSP winamp plugins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back